Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My darkside thoughts

4 posters

Go down

My darkside thoughts Empty My darkside thoughts

Post  jedishon Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 am

I run a Douglas 205/65/15. I did notice a little pulling with the crown when I put the tire on. After getting it good and broken in, there is no pulling at all or I am so used to it I don't notice it anymore. When I put the tire on originally I thought I could feel the side wall buckling when turning a corner from a dead stop. It was NOT the side wall buckling. What it was, was the tire getting such fantastic grip that I could actually feel the little surge when I hit the next gear. At first it scared me a little, wondering what was going on, now I look forward to it grabing and launching me away. Its great. People talk about holding curves better, yep....Tried to scrape the floorboards a bunch, taken 20 mph curves at 60 and still had room to go. (In the middle of town 6 blocks from the police station I dont want to push it to much). Better braking, yep. 40 mph emergency stop, Back tire throwing up smoke, and a wild scream going through my ears (part of it was my voice), but the bike stayed straight and true. A mc tire would have slid one side or the other. Better gas milage, yep. Only got an extra mile per gallon, but $4.00 a gallon I'll take it. Price yep lower. Safe secure feeling I get from the tire: PRICELESS. I dont have thousands of miles on the darkside, yet, but of the 1800 I do have, the last 1400 - 1500 have been great. Some one here said it was 90% mental,
(wish I remembered so I could give him credit), He was right, once I stoped thinking about it being a car tire, I could start to enjoy it. I will be a Dark/Widesider for life......Come join in, the road is calling our names......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

My darkside thoughts Empty Re: My darkside thoughts

Post  twin1300 Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for the excellent write up! About you said it all and said it very well! Now you know why we have a website devoted to the car tire. Because it does everything better! Wet handling conditions are fantastic with the car tire also.

You are very much correct that the car tire does things so well, others thinks it's failing or they just didn't know how bad the motorcycle tire was slipping because they were used to riding junk. That was very well put by you.

Glad to have you here Unca' Jerr, you bring a plus to the site! Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

..........bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri May 16, 2008 1:00 pm

twin1300 wrote:Thanks for the excellent write up! About you said it all and said it very well! Now you know why we have a website devoted to the car tire. Because it does everything better! Wet handling conditions are fantastic with the car tire also.

You are very much correct that the car tire does things so well, others thinks it's failing or they just didn't know how bad the motorcycle tire was slipping because they were used to riding junk. That was very well put by you.

Glad to have you here Unca' Jerr, you bring a plus to the site! Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

..........bobby

OH MY GAWD >>>>> JUST KISS EM ALL READY !!!!!!!! Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri May 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Yep the tire is all that and then some. I work with a guy that just recently converted over to cruisers. Always been a sport bike guy. Yesterday he was behind my bike. in his cage leaving the plant. in the rain. He told me this morn that the tire was impressive seeinng it in action like that, in the rain even. He really liked the way the front end lifted hitting second while making a left hand turn onto the highway. Balls out and never so mucha as a hint at a slip.

The naysayers can have all the mc tires they want. I will never need on again for anything I own that will fit a darkside on it. And yes the darkside will always be a consideration in making a purchase.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri May 16, 2008 1:11 pm

smokey2255 wrote:
twin1300 wrote:Thanks for the excellent write up! About you said it all and said it very well! Now you know why we have a website devoted to the car tire. Because it does everything better! Wet handling conditions are fantastic with the car tire also.

..........bobby

OH MY GAWD >>>>> JUST KISS EM ALL READY !!!!!!!! Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

See you out there
Smokey

ROFLMAO....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri May 16, 2008 3:42 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Yep the tire is all that and then some. I work with a guy that just recently converted over to cruisers. Always been a sport bike guy. Yesterday he was behind my bike. in his cage leaving the plant. in the rain. He told me this morn that the tire was impressive seeinng it in action like that, in the rain even. He really liked the way the front end lifted hitting second while making a left hand turn onto the highway. Balls out and never so mucha as a hint at a slip.

The naysayers can have all the mc tires they want. I will never need on again for anything I own that will fit a darkside on it. And yes the darkside will always be a consideration in making a purchase.

Smokey

+1 on that...funny thing about it I'm looking a bit at bikes for me in the next 1-3 years...give or take just depends on things..but one of the first stats I'm looking at is the rear tire size. Very Happy If I can't go with a 205 or so I'm not interested in the bike.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down