Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

07 Stratoliner

3 posters

Go down

07 Stratoliner Empty 07 Stratoliner

Post  OKCstrat Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 am

Well I'm here and so far like what I see and feel. I installed a General Altimax HP 215/60/17 on my 07 Stratoliner and I seem to be happy with it so far. I think I would have went with the 205/55/17 being a big guy because I had to adjust the shock up a bit much to keep the tire from rubbing the fender. I will continue ridding and see about changing to the other tire when I confirm I will stay on the DarkSide. Anyway I guess I will quit babling I just want to say so far I'm happy I made the choice for now. Thanks for all the info from this forum it was a big help. thumbup

OKCstrat

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

07 Stratoliner Empty Re: 07 Stratoliner

Post  Steve-O Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I have a michelin hydroedge on the back of mine. Stratoliners go thru some tires. A CT is a wise choice. My fiance has MC tires on hers. You can feel the difference in the ride, but nothing major. You can tell they have different tires. I put a wide tire on the back of mine. Next time I'll put on something similar size wise to the mc tire and see how that handles.

The REALLY cool thing about the CT on the back is the rear break. I have one. With the MC tire, you really had to watch how you used the rear break. With the CT, I can stand on the rear break and the back end tracks straight behind me.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the board!
And congrats on your tire choice... Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

I have a 215 on mine as well. It didn't rub, but I had to grind off some of the bag guards to get those to fit. I'll go down to a 205 next time around...
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down