Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how many miles

4 posters

Go down

how many miles Empty how many miles

Post  lj birdman Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

has any one on this site ever had a c t blowout on their bike Question and if we were to add all our darkside miles together i wonder how much it would equal with no problems. because my friend had a new m t blow out after only about 200 miles cus and went head on into traffic affraid but saved the bike and himself .just thinking hmmm hmmm
lj birdman
lj birdman

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

how many miles Empty Re: how many miles

Post  quadancer Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Not one post yet in my studies of a CT at good tread, good pressure, having ANY problems aside of a few wobbles that often or most often
are caused by front end problems or worn bushings elsewhere. TWO Khumo tires run bald, at low pressure blew out.
Try getting away with that on a MT.
yeh. Good luck.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:56 am

There was a thread with total miles. It was started a couple years ago but it was up in the hundreds of thousands then. With all the members there are now it would have to be well into the millions. I have heard of a blow out, but if memory serves me , it was riden to the side of the road a friend came and got him with a trialer. Blow outs are a fact of life they will happen with any tire. Be cafeful out there, but dont spend your whole life worrying about it, enjoy the ride while you can.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  lj birdman Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm

thats alot of miles i guess it speaks for itself why not run a ct and get more miles and traction for less money dah i guess darksiders are smarter then nay sayers think if they only new what they are missing Cheers
lj birdman
lj birdman

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

how many miles Empty HOW MANY RIDES

Post  ESKIMO Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

AT 15,000 MILES HAD A RAPID DEFLATION (not a blow out per say) at 55mph in a sharp right hand sweeper. seat of the pants detected wobble. able to ride over to the shoulder of road without any trouble. 4inch nail punctured tread and also punctured right side wall.......called someone who brought a trailer to get bike off the road....replaced tire with same tire. have almost 15,000 miles on replacement. still looks new. no plans to ever go back to the mc tires...put 35,000 miles on the mc tires but got got tired of replacing them...5 tires in 35,000 miles....1800f2...toyo proxie t1r 215/45zr/18...my 2cts............ESKIMO

ESKIMO

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down