Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CT brands

+2
Larry Simpson
localboy_1300s
6 posters

Go down

CT brands Empty CT brands

Post  localboy_1300s Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey, all! So, I finally wore out my first CT. Actually, I had a blowout, but let's dispense with the details on that story for right now.

I ran to my nearest CT store and purchased the cheapest tire I could get (Falken Sincera SN-828)! To my disbelief, I couldn't get the SOB to seat! banghd Maybe the weather had something to do with it, or the planets weren't lined up just right, but baking under heat lamps and 130 lbs of air later, it's still not seating. I've concluded that the brand of tire may be the issue. I don't know? But, I've given up on the Falken.

So, I come to all of you for guidance. I thought I might go ahead and splurge on a Michelin Hydro Edge, but there is somehow some "statewide" back-order on this particular CT. Is it me? hmmm Anyhow, I'm considering the Yokohama AVID Touring-S. I was wondering if anyone is running on this particular CT, or if this is one brand to avoid as well. I'd really appreciate some feedback and, suggestions on brands and models. Mahalo!
localboy_1300s
localboy_1300s

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

CT brands Empty re ct brands

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Goodyear tripple tread has been an excellent tire for me thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

CT brands Empty Re: CT brands

Post  localboy_1300s Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 am

thanks, Larry
localboy_1300s
localboy_1300s

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

CT brands Empty re ct brands

Post  Larry Simpson Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

You are more than welcome. Lham had the tire on his 1300 running 34psi I believe and other than better handling and traction you couldn't tell the difference. thumbup thumbup
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbear7272 Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:49 pm

I originally looked at the Hydroedge but was told that the tire was discontinued when I went to my local shop. I am just south of you in St. Augustine. I decided to got with the GYTT instead.
bigbear7272
bigbear7272

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sameym Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 am

I see you have the S, I tried a Falken a few years back, sealed the spokes and the tire wouldn't seat( 150 lbs.) Removing the tire the mech. bent the rim and tore up the bead exposing a cable bigger than my middle finger. I finally went to a C rim on the the back, with saddlebags nobody even notices and tubeless tires seat easier

Sameym

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  rrounds Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 am

bigbear7272 wrote:I originally looked at the Hydroedge but was told that the tire was discontinued when I went to my local shop. I am just south of you in St. Augustine. I decided to got with the GYTT instead.

It's still on there web site
http://michelinman.com/tire-selector/name/hydroedge-tires

ROD

rrounds

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I don't know if it's discontinued, but it has been on national backorder for a while. Shrug
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down