Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ?

2 posters

Go down

tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ? Empty tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ?

Post  footprintsinconc Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 pm

i need to go to a CT...i'm thinking the GYTT or the michelin hydroedge. i've read here about all the problems that they face....i cant figure out a few things:

0-i have a 1300R, should i stick to the 205/70R15 or the 65R15?
1-when installing the tire, do you keep the rotor face up or down?
2-when doing it at home, do you secure the tire down? if yes, then how?
3-when airing up the tire, where do you place the tire so that you dont damage anything when the tire flies it the rubber pops?
4-how far away do you stand when airing it up?
5-any other suggestion that i should keep in mind when doing this (i will clean the rim thoroughly, use vege oil to lube)?

if there is some in the phx area that can help me with this, that would be great....or if there is a shop that would do it that could be helpful as well.

Thansk!
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ? Empty Re: tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ?

Post  Doc Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 am

On my 1300C I ran a Michelin HydroEdge 205/70/15, Great tire! Marshmallow smooth!
I believe the taller sidewall is a bit easier to mount, I had mine mounted at a local independent tire shop for $8, any one that has a rim grip mounting machine can do it. That said if you are doing it yourself I would keep the rotor up to avoid any damage. Use lots of lube and it shouldn't scoot around on you too bad. Use a locking air chuck just to keep your hands back. My Michelin seated at just 40psi, very anticlimactic! Good luck! thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ? Empty Re: tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ?

Post  footprintsinconc Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

thanks for the reply...does the rim grip mounting machine leave a mark on the rim?
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 pm

footprintsinconc wrote:thanks for the reply...does the rim grip mounting machine leave a mark on the rim?
No, they are hard plastic pieces that clamp to the rim lip from below.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  footprintsinconc Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:36 pm

well it looks like i cant find a GYTT in a 205 70R15......so it seems like i may have to go the michelin hydro edge.
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Back to top Go down

tire mounting technique and/or any one who can help mount a CT in phx, AZ? Empty place in phx that will install a CT on a MC rim....

Post  footprintsinconc Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 pm

FYI for those in PHX and want to get a CT installed on their rims, you can go to Bob's Motorcycle on 16th st north of southern rd in phx. they installed in for $10.
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down