Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about riding darkside

3 posters

Go down

Question about riding darkside Empty Question about riding darkside

Post  vtx biker chick Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 am

I have had my darkside tire for 2 little over 2 weeks now. I've got almost 2,000 miles on it....& mostly I LOVE the way it rides......I did notice that I have to push a little harder in the curves, but it responds nicely. My question is..... we have a road up in northern Michigan (#119 from cross village to Harbor Springs)...it's 20 miles of curves along Lake Michigan....any way, the road is narrow, no line down the middle, but it does fit 2 vehicles. However, the road is VERY crowned. The only comfortable place to ride it was right down the center of the road, (not a good idea with oncoming traffic hanging over the middle too). When I rode on my side of the road, I had to fight the tire....I was continually pushing on the left handlebar to stay on the road. My question is, I'm riding @ 38 psi...would letting some air out of the CT make it ride better on a crowned road like that?!?!?

I do feel the ruts worn in the tracks on roads....but I've adjusted to that I think. Just looking for an opinion on the crowned road. This is the first time I had encountered that issue, but it made for a very stressful ride. (This is a weird road). What I remembered of riding the Dragon, was that the road was very well 'banked'.....so you held the road. This #119 'Tunnel of Trees' was NOT banked. Thanks for any opinions. I'm just curious!
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Question about riding darkside Empty Re: Question about riding darkside

Post  Beermand Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:01 am

Try lowering the psi to 34 or 35 that seemed to help me with the ride. I started at 37 and 34 was a lot better at least to me and my riding style.
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  vtx biker chick Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.....I thought it may be a little too much air.....I'm only 145# so I don't weigh it down very much either! I'll try the lower psi....& let you know! Thanks again!
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:22 pm

The general rule is -
Follows ruts and ridges = too high
Wallows in corners = too low
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Question about riding darkside Empty Lowered the psi

Post  vtx biker chick Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Wow! I dropped the psi down to 34...only rode about 40 miles, but really seems to be riding better! Corners well, & I don't seem to feel the ruts as much! I think this is it!!!!! Thanks for the help!!! Very Happy thumbup
vtx biker chick
vtx biker chick

Back to top Go down

Post  Beermand Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:03 pm

I could only help because someone here helped me! Glad it worked for you. Now just ride and enjoy!
Beermand
Beermand

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down