Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officially riding on the darkside!

5 posters

Go down

Officially riding on the darkside! Empty Officially riding on the darkside!

Post  jerdes Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Ok, so I bought a Barum Bravuris 205/65-15 H rated tire from Discount on Thursday (for a grand total of $58!). I pulled the wheel off this morning and went to a shop where after a few surprised looks and questions I got the thing mounted! So, came home and went about putting it back on. I had to let most of the air out of the tire to get it past the final drive but once it was on it fit like a charm! I took it out for a short ride and it definately feels different. It rides softer and the bike wants to stand up alot more than it did with the stock dunlop on it. No scary handling and I'm not dead! I was really concerned about that dying part!

Anyway, the tire rides great and looks badass if I do say so my self..... I will post pictures for all to see tomorrow.
jerdes
jerdes

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Back to top Go down

Officially riding on the darkside! Empty Re: Officially riding on the darkside!

Post  140cubicinches Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:24 pm

140cubicinches
140cubicinches

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:52 pm

Cool , Welcome to the Darkside,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jerdes Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Well, I didn't get around to the pictures today, I was out riding all afternoon. I put 220 miles on that tire and so far I love it! It got better as the ride went on and the mold release wore off. I can't believe how solid the bike feels now in the twisties! I'm a big guy so I barely notice the extra input needed to initiate/maintain turns. I had the bike up over 100 a few times and it is as smooth or smoother than it was with the motorcycle tire at high speeds. One other positive is that the slightly shorter tire seems to have brought the speedo closer to accurate! Its almost like Honda wanted me to put that 205 on!
jerdes
jerdes

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 pm

You need to change your Sig line! Times have changed. Congrats. You are the first that I know of to use this tire. It's a nice looking tire. I may have to try that one next. I may have changed my mind about fat tires after this weekend. Put over 1k, on my Douglas 205. I think it does better on the highway than the 165 did.

Anyway, congrats on the darkside. Post pics of the tire. Make sure you take the picture outside so we can see the tread and all....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jerdes Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Sorry for the quality, took it with my phone. I will try to post some better picks later, I will start a new thread for that.

Barum
jerdes
jerdes

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:41 pm

When you take the pic, take it outside in bright light and use the flash on the camera to get the tread pattern. Or, you can take the pic in a well lit garage, but use the flash and get really close to the tire. This will illuminate the tread pattern properly...which is what we want to see! Cool

You are near San Antonio. We may have to have a convergence sometime. Let us know if you come to dallas. We get together about every three months or so. Onei is over in Austin. We should take a ride in the hill country sometime.... A texas darkside rally.....

BTW: You are officially darkside shadow #5.

Last edited by Steve-O on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:06 am

jerdes,

Welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside!!!!...... Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Glad to have you sir!

....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum