Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pressure in rear

2 posters

Go down

Pressure in rear Empty Pressure in rear

Post  giturgun Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 am

[center]Putting a 195 15 on the C90 for my brother in law. What air pressure should it run good with.
Bike has a trike kit on it What a Face , so I am gonna start with max on the sidewalls Very Happy
giturgun
giturgun

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Pressure in rear Empty Re: Pressure in rear

Post  giturgun Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Well it will not get the CT afterall I got 1 side to seat out and the tire sidewall blew out . Thought it had broke my leg or cut it bad . Was afraid to look down for a few seconds affraid . Looked and did not see any bones sticking out nor blood. Do have a huge bruize on my inside of the knee.
I decided to put a Metzler on after I measured the id of the MC and CT . the CT is about 1/4 inch smallerid than that MC tire that came off
I actually went out and bought another but decided to just throw in the towel on the project. My wife was in the house about 30 yards away with the doors and windows closed , she said it was much louder than any of my Hi-powers when I am shooting.
Still gonna run mine , but I will measure any more before I try putting them on
I could not have had more than 100 lb in it as that is my top cut off on the compressor

The blown tire was a Kelly 195 65 15
giturgun
giturgun

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:13 am

I had the same issue when putting a car tire on the 15" rim of my Vulcan 900C. Measured several brands of car tires, all measured 14 15/16", measured several brands of bike tires, all measured 15 1/16", a 1/8" difference.

After all else failed, I simply used a 5" round grinding wheel on a drill to take 1/16" off all around the inside edge. It seated well, has been ridden at over interstate speeds at 100 F air temps, twice through the "Tail of the Dragon", and has never lost a pound of PSI.

Something that you could consider.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  giturgun Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:59 am

Iwould have done that if it were my ride , but someone else Nop
giturgun