Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to the darks on my vstar today

+4
twin1300
Steve-O
jedishon
woodyga
8 posters

Go down

Went to the darks on my vstar today Empty Went to the darks on my vstar today

Post  woodyga Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 pm

I installed a General Altimax HP 205/60-16 on my Vstar 1300 today. I have been lurking around this forum for awhile. Lots of great advise here. Lubrication is the key. I used KY Jelly as a lubricant for the unmount and remount. The bead seated at 35 psi. I removed all the wheel weights and installed dynabeads inside the tire for balance. I have about 100 miles on it so far, and all I can say is Awesome!!!! I'm starting at 38 psi for the 500 mile break in. Will probably settle in at 32 to 34 like everyone else. I cant believe how smooth my bike rides now.
Woody,

woodyga

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Went to the darks on my vstar today Empty Re: Went to the darks on my vstar today

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Welcome to the darkside.
Don't tell anyone though, we're trying to keep this quiet.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Went to the darks on my vstar today Empty Re: Went to the darks on my vstar today

Post  Steve-O Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 am

KY Jelly? That's a first. May have to borrow some from my son. He has a Sam's size tub of that stuff..... lafer
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 am

Awesome....you used Kentucky Jelly!!!! lafer .....if it works...I aint going to knock it!

Congrats and welcome to the darkside. Please post some pics of it!

....................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  woodyga Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Yep, Kentucky Jelly LOL. The liquid type. I wanted something that was water based and dries fairly fast, because i was installing dynabeads and i didnt need them sticking to any undried lubricant.

When my doctor checked my prostrate. He used KY Jelly.. Maybe it just me but it felt like he slid his whole arm up there no mater how hard I was pinching it off..that how I know KY is some slick stuff..

Woody

woodyga

Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:29 am

woodyga wrote:Yep, Kentucky Jelly LOL. The liquid type. I wanted something that was water based and dries fairly fast, because i was installing dynabeads and i didnt need them sticking to any undried lubricant.

When my doctor checked my prostrate. He used KY Jelly.. Maybe it just me but it felt like he slid his whole arm up there no mater how hard I was pinching it off..that how I know KY is some slick stuff..

Woody

lafer ROFL lafer ROFL lafer ROFL
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:26 pm

That is funny. A Woody using KY jelly. lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Went to the darks on my vstar today Empty v-star 1300 tourer

Post  blownitro454 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 am

I have a 1300 v-star tourer and was wondering what would be the best size tire to use on it.

blownitro454

Registration date : 2012-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  saber Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:03 am

I put a 205/60R-16 on my sons vstar-1300, It fits between the upper rear frame fender, if he bottoms hard. We bought a General Altimax, but read the info on the wear of the tire before you pick one up.
saber
saber

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:57 am

jedishon wrote:That is funny. A Woody using KY jelly. lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer lafer

Jerry
Reckon he had a smoke afterward?
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down