Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night

4 posters

Go down

Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night Empty Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night

Post  ttexastim Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Tonight I did an oil change, changed spark plugs, replaced old headlight bulb with new Silverstar bulb, and replaced one of the spot lights on my cobra lightbar that had burned out. The lights that come with the lightbar are kind of cheap, and they grounded the lights by attaching ground to a pop rivet that holds the light on. Only problem is, the rivet wasn't tightened down all the way. I drilled the rivet out, and put a small bolt through it so that everything was grounded right. I'm pretty excited to meet up with David and Steve tomorrow night. Had to get my lights working better.

For anyone with the cobra light bar, have any of you found a Wagner sealed beam light replacement that you like? There are all kinds to choose from and the one I got tonight, I'm not happy with. I liked the 4411 version. Just curious if anyone else has had to do this before.

Tomorrow I'll be riding in traffic in Big D, so wish me luck. I really need to get one of those gremlin bells to keep my bike safe!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night Empty Re: Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:45 am

texastim,

Be sure to take pics of the all the git together! We love to see pics of our darksiders M&G and....by the way......EAT US SOME RAW OYSTERS if they have any........... Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night Empty Re: Got the bike semi-ready for tomorrow night

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:57 am

No offense, but raw oysters are for people who don't have anything else to eat. No way I'm touching those unless my life depends on it.

I'll get some pics and post them here.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 am

Glad you remembered your camera. I left mine at home! I just want a shot of the ass end of our three bikes side by side to show how much wider David's tire is and to compare the stock MT with Tim's 165 CT.

Looking forward to it.

Tim: You'll do just do fine in traffic. Keep to the right lane where possible. And keep an eye on all cars all the time...especially Lexus owners. They apparently can't see motorcycles.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:06 pm

I've got my camera too!

I wouldn't necessarily say to stay in the right lane though. I ride where my scan puts me in the safest lane, and this may change at any time.

See you guys tonight.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:45 pm

David: That 205 looks awesome!

You guys will need to send me some pics.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down