Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

middle weight handling ?

2 posters

Go down

middle weight handling ? Empty middle weight handling ?

Post  M H papasurf Sat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I have commuted all week plus - 240 mi. 35mi.round trip daily . And I guess having some minor misgivings as to wether a 400+ lb. VN 800a on a Vredestein comtrac 175/75/16, can get tire to work "well enough or better" . Soaks up the bumps great, corners at speed well ,had one ride home on wet roads ok. a little wobble walk at 80+ The berrings and bushings fine. Maybe just getting used to the feel. not scary just different.
Ran 34 psi all week. gonna try 36-8 I think . so I guess I am asking for some feedback from others on middle weight bikes. hmmm

M H papasurf

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

middle weight handling ? Empty Re: middle weight handling ?

Post  twin1300 Sat May 07, 2011 5:40 pm

M H papasurf wrote: I have commuted all week plus - 240 mi. 35mi.round trip daily . And I guess having some minor misgivings as to wether a 400+ lb. VN 800a on a Vredestein comtrac 175/75/16, can get tire to work "well enough or better" . Soaks up the bumps great, corners at speed well ,had one ride home on wet roads ok. a little wobble walk at 80+ The berrings and bushings fine. Maybe just getting used to the feel. not scary just different.
Ran 34 psi all week. gonna try 36-8 I think . so I guess I am asking for some feedback from others on middle weight bikes. hmmm

Keep adjusting the tire pressure until you find what you like! Some of it may be you still have the "mold release" still on the tire! Did you balance the tire??? If so how?

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  M H papasurf Sat May 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Balanced w/4 big old effn acornz read uggly

M H papasurf

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down