Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight?

+9
nodakbassmaster
wolfpack72
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
lham
Poppawolf
Steve-O
Daniel Meyer
onei
Gunruner
13 posters

Go down

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Empty How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight?

Post  Gunruner Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Need to see what kind of mileage you folks get out of your CT's plus the weight of your scoot. Thanks........Mike

ANYONE want to give that info up? I can get almost 10,000 on a rear MC tire and I want ALOT more from a CT. Just looking for some real world information. Please..............

Gunruner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Empty Re: How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight?

Post  onei Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Well, I too am looking for this information. I cannot give any substantial information as I only have about 200 miles on my tire. But I am hoping for at last 30,000 on my CT before having to change it.

I missed taking my bike to Florida the first of the month due to the hurricanes and the uncertainty of where they would end up. I have never been upset at nice weather, but I was sure hoping that a toad floater would come in Jacksonville/Fernandina Beach area. It never did. So I sat in my truck, looking at the other bikers ride by and wishing that I was on my bike. Sad

Oh well, now I have another excuse to go back. But this time I am going to plan it so that I am not going during hurricane season. Laughing Then I am going to also take a side trip up to Deals Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway (of course I will take the Hell Bender too). I am looking forward to a few days of good riding when I head back East.
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Empty Re: How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight?

Post  Daniel Meyer Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:27 pm

25,000-30,000 on a Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread...

My bike's well over half a ton with me on it. (780 pounds dry)
Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://lifeisaroad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Daniel,

How much tread do you still have left on the tire?
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 pm

My old Kumho 165 had over 6k miles on it and it still had a ton of tread.

My Douglas 205 has 1k miles on it. Still has nubbies and the paint stripe on it.

I have a Honda spirit 1100. Weight is probably 800 with me on it.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:20 am

I am running the Kumho 165 and have over 10k on it. When I last measured my tread depth I was at 8/32", started at 11/32". This was within the last 1,000 miles. Bike and I are close to 1k lbs together.

DB
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Empty miles

Post  lham Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 pm

I have a little over 7,000mi on a michelyn x, about 850 me & bike
lham
lham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm

10,400 miles on this one and it was toast. That's about 6,000 more than I can get runnin' a motorcycle tire. I have ( 3 ) Valkyries soon all of them will have the Cooper Zeon 2XS on them. If you go over 15,000 miles on any tire remember to pull the wheel and lube the splines that's left a many Dark Siders layin' on the side of the road.I'm on my 5th car tire and 42,250 miles on the DarkSide.
How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Groveaccident013
How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Rear1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 said ... If you go over 15,000 miles on any tire remember to pull the wheel and lube the splines that's left a many Dark Siders layin' on the side of the road.

Here is an ignorant question from a 'non-mechanic' type guy. Plus you said two things that got my attention.

Attention getters: 15,000 miles and any tire.

So I am to take this that every time a tire is changed the splines are to be lubed ... OR ... if my CT goes more than 15,000 miles, then I am to lube the splines. Right?

Now the ignorant question: Where are the splines?

My guess, pull the wheel and it is the gears in the differential.

Ignorant question #2 - is there a way to lube the splines w/o pulling the tire?

Thanks in advance for the education. Smile
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Meyer Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 pm

onei wrote:Daniel,

How much tread do you still have left on the tire?

Not much...but maybe 5000 miles worth...
Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://lifeisaroad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfpack72 Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:05 pm

Bike dry weight 641 with me on it 941 you do the math LOL I went Darkside 08/03/08 and have 1570 miles on it so far with no sign of wear. I average around 90 - 95 miles a day going to work and back if the weather cooperates. My tire is a Cooper 205/65tr/15 Tire life is 65000 miles on a car no tellin how many on a bike.
wolfpack72
wolfpack72

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-01

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfpack72 Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 pm

This websight was very helpful for removing the rear tire and remember to use moly paste not moly grease. The splines are located inside the hub conected to the drive shaft. http://www.bareasschoppers.com/
wolfpack72
wolfpack72

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-01

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:49 pm

over 1/2 a ton somewhere...

got 9K on my Toyo so far, and it still looks great...

wow... I can't believe i have that many miles already! Shocked
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  bandito_two Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:19 am

Miles:
Only 5550 miles so far. (about 3 months worth) And by the way it's lookin, I might only need to change it because of dry rot. Unless I pack on the miles quicker of course. But my riding season is limited up here in Michigan because of weather phenomena called ice and snow. So during the riding season here, I only get about 1700 miles a month in my commutes to and from work. I figure about 2 more months to ride this year.(next year should net about 15K miles)

Weight:
At at 375 lbs dry, my Honda Reflex scooter is a light weight in comparison to nearly all of the rest of you guys. All fluids and dressed to ride with my skinny butt on board, I'm guessing weight in the neighborhood of 560 lbs which still puts that rear tire well under half the load it might normally see on a small car.(and less than half the wear too probably) Very Happy
bandito_two
bandito_two

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 am

onei wrote:
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 said ... If you go over 15,000 miles on any tire remember to pull the wheel and lube the splines that's left a many Dark Siders layin' on the side of the road.

Here is an ignorant question from a 'non-mechanic' type guy. Plus you said two things that got my attention.

Attention getters: 15,000 miles and any tire.

So I am to take this that every time a tire is changed the splines are to be lubed ... OR ... if my CT goes more than 15,000 miles, then I am to lube the splines. Right?

Now the ignorant question: Where are the splines?

My guess, pull the wheel and it is the gears in the differential.

Ignorant question #2 - is there a way to lube the splines w/o pulling the tire?

Thanks in advance for the education. Smile
http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/Elusive%203rd%20O-Ring.htm Don't get cheap doing this buy the best moly money can buy. I use Guard Dog....http://www.guarddogmoly.com/ Get the 525 for the splines.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:57 am

I have over 11,000 on my douglas 205 with hardly any signs of wear. I'm at 200lbs and whatever a 1300R weighs.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:17 am

One more question - how much moly paste should I use.

I'm getting the dynabeads today and plan to pull the wheel this next week to do they moly paste. I will need to order it first, so I need to know ... 2 oz., 4 oz., or 8 oz jar? Money is not free flowing right now so I don't need to spend what I don't need to spend. Smile
onei
onei

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 am

An 8oz container will probably last you forever....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:11 am

onei wrote:One more question - how much moly paste should I use.

I'm getting the dynabeads today and plan to pull the wheel this next week to do they moly paste. I will need to order it first, so I need to know ... 2 oz., 4 oz., or 8 oz jar? Money is not free flowing right now so I don't need to spend what I don't need to spend. Smile

Lube the splines every 15k. I do mine whenever I pull the tire cuz I don't want to have to pull it just to lube the splines.

Look up splines, but they are rodlike things that go into through the rear wheel. Someone else can probably describe them better. But just some grease on them will do. Wipe them clean and lube them up with your finger.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunruner Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Keep the info comming folks! Need to see how long these CT's can go on our motors......Thanks..........Mike

Gunruner

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Just shy of 14,000 on my toyo proxxes tpt4 205/55/16 bike is dressed out like an interstate with HD fairing, bags and trunk. I would say bike at normal load and me 1000-1200 pounds. I will be replacing my tire soon as it is wearing in the center as it should, and only have about 2,000 miles left on it. I need to put an all weather rubber under it for the cold months of winter.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunruner Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:05 am

Just the info we need! Thanks................Mike P.S. More

Gunruner

Back to top Go down

How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Empty How many miles on CT

Post  winnaway Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:47 pm

I have 12000 miles on toyo 205/65/16 with 6/32 tread left. I ride a 1800R fully loaded plus 190 for myself. Tire should make 20000 + with no problem from looks of it.

winnaway

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Steve-O wrote:
onei wrote:One more question - how much moly paste should I use.

Lube the splines every 15k. I do mine whenever I pull the tire cuz I don't want to have to pull it just to lube the splines.

Look up splines, but they are rodlike things that go into through the rear wheel. Someone else can probably describe them better. But just some grease on them will do. Wipe them clean and lube them up with your finger.
" But just some grease on them will do " If anyone takes that advice I can see some final drives being bought. It needs to be at least 60% moly . Regular grease can't take the heat and pressure it will sling and melt off in no time. A 2oz jar of Guard Dog is around $20.00 with shipping and will do the splines and drive shaft 5 or 6 times. 53,000 on the splines below ...You get what you pay for.I ride my bikes like I stole them but I also take care of them.
How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? Interstate004
How many miles do you have on your CT? Bike Weight? NicekillboySmall
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down