Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Riders!! - We have Options.....

3 posters

Go down

Shadow Riders!!  - We have Options..... Empty Shadow Riders!! - We have Options.....

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 pm

I've oficially got 145 miles on the 205 Douglas now. I'm really liking this tire! Looks fantastic on the bike and wow what a ride she provides. I haven't really noticed a major difference in the handling from the 165 kumho to the 205. The extra countersteering is minimal and it is something that I like anyway! I did notice that is finds as slower speeds the ruts or grooves and small hills. it basically is just letting you know what the road surface is really like. Once you know what it is doing it is no big deal. Tomorrow I will take her out on some of my favorite twisties and check her out for real. Today and yesterday where all highway and/or city streets. Tomorrow we go wideside in the country!!

So, currently we have available to VT1100 Honda Shadow Spirits the following tested tires:

Kumho 165/80/r15 - Power Star 758
Douglas 205/65/r15 - Xtra-Trac A/W

I'll take and post some pictures tomorrow.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Shadow Riders!!  - We have Options..... Empty Re: Shadow Riders!! - We have Options.....

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 am

+1 It felt the same way to me....just a little more input, but I like it that way. Ride's softer huh????? Very Happy

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Shadow Riders!!  - We have Options..... Empty Re: Shadow Riders!! - We have Options.....

Post  Steve-O Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:15 am

Congrats David! I look forward to seeing it this Tuesday.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:22 am

twin1300 wrote:+1 It felt the same way to me....just a little more input, but I like it that way. Ride's softer huh????? Very Happy

Yes!! Much Softer!

and here are the Pictures

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:43 am

Nice pics of the wideside on the shadow. It does look good. I think better than the 165...JMO.

This darkside stuff is fun as well as riding it.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down