Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Options for advice

3 posters

Go down

4 Options for advice Empty 4 Options for advice

Post  Bull117 Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 pm

New to the site...thank you for the opportunity to join and learn a bit. I plan on going to a C/T in the next week and have been reviewing C/T options for an 04 VTX 1800N. In particular and in no particular order...GYTT, ZIEX ZE-912, and Fuzion HR as a 205/60-16 and last but certainly not least...the Zeon 2XS in 205/55-16. The Zeon looks great, but concerned about the RPM rise and lower height. The Ziex seems to highly rated as a summer tire and from what I can tell...a few have gone the GYTT route. Sooooo...looking for some thoughts from the experts that have been at this awhile.

Thanks again...and appreciate the opportunity to ask.

Bull

Bull117

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

4 Options for advice Empty Re: 4 Options for advice

Post  Dan Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:11 pm

The Cooper site http://coopertire.com/html/products/specs.aspx?page=zeon_2xs&LanguageId=1&tiretype=P&sorttype=P
shows Zeon 2xs in 205/50ZR16, no 55. Great looking tire but it will lower your rear a good inch, and put your speedo further off than stock. Unless you want lower, I'd look for something in a 205/65-16, only slightly taller than stock, and makes speedo slightly more accurate.
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 am

GYTT is a popular choice, LOTS of folks runnin that one... I'd stay away from anything shorter than a 205/60 and Falkens seem to be the only tires that have garnished repeated complaints, though I don't know which models... The hydroedge, i think, is another popular one and Dont' rule out a Toyo... I'm a big fan of their tires. Got 'em on the truck and scooter! cheers
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Bull117 Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks guys...

Bull

Bull117