Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick tire question.

4 posters

Go down

Quick tire question. Empty Quick tire question.

Post  CAKustoms Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:01 pm

I have decided to take the plunge into the darkside. The two tires that I am looking at are the Dunlop DZ101 and the BFG G-Force Sport. I haven't been able to find any reviews or opinions of these tires and was hoping someone might be able to trough their two cents in. By the way I'm going with a 215/55R16, currently running a 200 series Metz.

OK, so I came home for lunch and measured and eyed my 200/60R16 Metz. Wow- there's not much room on the drive side! On the left side I can get my finger between the tire and swing arm, but on the right , it's luck if there is an 1/8 of an inch. I know that there's at least one person on here that is running a 215/65, so it can probably be done . I just don't want to be out a 100 bucks if I can't get it to fit. Any suggestions? The tire selection is what pushed me to the 215 over the 205 but it's looking like I may be "stuck" going 205/60R16.

Last edited by CAKustoms on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

CAKustoms

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Quick tire question. Empty re quick tire question

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:07 pm

what are you trying to put it on???????
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Quick tire question. Empty Re: Quick tire question.

Post  CAKustoms Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

It's an 03 VTX 1800C

CAKustoms

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:41 pm

CAKustoms wrote:It's an 03 VTX 1800C

205/65/16 or 205/60/16 will fit.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Quick tire question. Empty It's done!

Post  CAKustoms Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 am

I bit the bullet and with the guidance of Horseman's post a new 215/55R16 Riken Raptor ZR now resides on the rear of my bike. Big thanks to everyone who posted updates after they made the switch, it made the decision easier. After a day of riding I can barely tell the difference. I though I had burnt off the mold release with a nice smokey but the rear is still breaking loose momentarely on the shift to second. Can't wait for the next trip to really test it out. I forgot to order Dynabeads and the locals wouldn't balance the tire so I used 3 ounces of BB's and it seems to be working great. cheers

CAKustoms

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 am

CAKustoms wrote:I bit the bullet and with the guidance of Horseman's post a new 215/55R16 Riken Raptor ZR now resides on the rear of my bike. Big thanks to everyone who posted updates after they made the switch, it made the decision easier. After a day of riding I can barely tell the difference. I though I had burnt off the mold release with a nice smokey but the rear is still breaking loose momentarely on the shift to second. Can't wait for the next trip to really test it out. I forgot to order Dynabeads and the locals wouldn't balance the tire so I used 3 ounces of BB's and it seems to be working great. cheers

More people would be greatful as myself as to a write up on your experience and how you got that big ol thang under your bike. Im running a 215 under the finder of my F but thats what fits.
Congrats and welcome to the club.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down