Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire question

5 posters

Go down

Tire question Empty Tire question

Post  Bulldogparts Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I've been searching for a Metz ME880 in a 110/90-19 for my gals bike. I have only found them in a bias ply. Is it ok to run a bias front with a radial rear? I've always been told not to mix them on cages. She's decided to go DARKSIDE on the rear, and it will be a radial tire. Do I need to find a lesser brand of radial to go on the front of her Shadow, and if so, any good suggestions for grip and wear? Thanks, Randy.
Bulldogparts
Bulldogparts

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Tire question Empty gals bike

Post  poppop Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm

im running a shinko bias ply on the front and a nankang car raidal on the rear the shinko says for rear use only but i belive a little heaver and thicker i love it so far about 50 miles worth i got mine from motorcycle tire superstore 40 something bucks works great so far good luck .keep her happy
poppop
poppop

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Back to top Go down

Tire question Empty Re: Tire question

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:26 pm

With a ct on the rear it doesnt matter what the ply is on the front.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  djbhai Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Hello
Keep your spare tire inside the van, it might get in the way sometimes, but try changing the tire in 20 below zero it sucks.

djbhai

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Bulldogparts,
The first couple of years that the Valkarye's vere produced, they came from the factory with a radial tire (motorcycle type, of course) on the back and a bias-ply on front. Now, you say, how can that be if the tire manufacturers are saying that that thats a no-no, how could Mother Honda have put out such a bad deal????? Because it don't make a bit of difference if you mix the radial with the bias. I've had a bias (BattleAx) on the front of my Wing-a-bago for 2 years now and I haven't yet seen any reason why they say it is so bad. As a matter of fact, it is not only a bias-ply but it is a tire made for the rear of a sportbike. Now that's a double-bad affraid !!! I've got about 19,000 miles on it and will prolly see 25,000 out of the tire. Of course, this is all JMHO, Kids, don't try this at home!!!! Semper-fi Mike

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum