Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Darkside

3 posters

Go down

Double Darkside Empty Double Darkside

Post  vtxreaper Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Last year put a Shinko front on. I only got 5k out of that tire. My bike suffers from the Terminal Front Tire Eating left side wear.
Doble Darkside seems the way to go to get more life out of a front tire.
Wheel and new tire at shop getting mounted. Bought the Avon RoadTec A26. Stock size on my R is 150/80/17. The closest this tire came to mine is 150/70/17.
Seems like it will be an inch and a half shorter than the stocker size. I don't see any problems as I have read others here are using the same tire and size on their scoots..
Finally getting a bit of snow melt here. I might be able to get down my driveway this weekend for the first ride in 5 months.
Darkside get together in the planning stage for me.
ECG6 at Bully's in the planning stages..
Divorce final, house sold, have to be out in 30 days. Good thing is money in the bank for riding this spring and summer..
After the Darkside rally anyone have plans to continue on riding that week?? I really don't want to go back North to soon. I have some Dragon Slaying in mind and many more roads that I would like to ride with anyone who knows them...
Volunteers Needed!!!!

REAPS, aka, Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Double Darkside Empty Re: Double Darkside

Post  quadancer Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:20 pm

150/70??? Dude, that's still a pretty fat slab o' meat!!!
Sorry about the divorce; I know what that stress does to the mind. You have a good plan for counsel: bike riding. I've often said I have a lot of lights on the back of my scooter. Two amber plate lights, two blue/white LED plate lights, two running/turn bullets, and a high intensity LED taillight. This is to keep someone from slamming into the back of my ol' lady... and I don't want the wife to get hurt either.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 am

Change the neck bearings out to the all balls bearings, and keep the front inflated to 40 psi, and the wear will not be noticeable any more.
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for the reply's.
That one about the lights and your old lady made me laugh for sure.
Changing the neck bearings, thanks for the advice. Your experience becomes my to do list.
Tire is on. We had a couple of nice days while it was getting mounted, picked it up yesterday, mounted it and woke up this morning to a foot of snow outside.
Hopefully we will have some melting by the end of the week and I can get on the scoot.

Thanks,

REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down