Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dynabead like tech

+11
Painter D
mcleod9
Ikantride55
Rambler
twin1300
Fly
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Lou
Larry Simpson
quadancer
Stickyfrog
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 Empty re dyna beads like tech

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

Fly,the point you seem to miss on every subject and then take offence to is that we are not adbvocating that anyone else do anything .we are just posting our own experiences and opinions. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynabead like tech

Post  Painter D Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Mainly tire dealers don't make as much money if they use balance beads vs manual tire weights. It's a no-brainer in my book and they have been proven without a shadow of a doubt to work.
Also they do not work very well on those shitty low profile tires that all the punks are putting on their lowered pimp mobiles. I guess it's something to do with the width and shape of the tire.

Painter D

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Painter D wrote:If Dyna Beads or balancing beads are snake oil, why are tire dealers putting them in my big truck tires instead of balancing them the old way? Large truck tires are hard to keep balanced as it is, but now with the balancing beads in them, I will never have to re-balance my tires for the life of them. I have never had smooth running tires on my steering axle until now. Those who claim they are snake oil simply don't know what they are talking about. I hate that.
I put them in on my last tires change on my bike and they work, plain and simple.

I've been running a car tire on my bikes since 1999 . I've bought so many now I don't remember the number. I've used the magic balls ( Dyna-Beads ) one time and got the worse mileage I ever got on a rear for my Valkyrie's.I ride hard and I ride often it's nothing for me to put 25,000 miles on my bikes per year. My bikes never leave the garage without me checking the air pressure ( I run 35 psi in the car tire for the record ). As you can see I use the entire tire with no chicken strips allowed . I got only 7,400 miles out of this tire below with the others I've had balanced I get 11,000 easy I'm very hard on tires and when my ass hits the saddle I'm hunting the twisties.
Dynabead like tech - Page 2 DS

You seem upset in the post above don't be ....You are not the first to buy snake oil cause it came in a pretty box it's been happen for many years.It's your money

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 100DollarBillBurningDynabead like tech - Page 2 Rear1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Painter D Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm

That does sound rediculous blaming dyna beads for less tire life. I guess if that's what you want to blame the fast wearing tire on, go for it. I don't believe it for a minute. If anything, they will extend the tread life of a tire. That's a first.

Painter D

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 pm

My car tires have not needed any weights or beads, but the mc tire in the front I use them, with no problems. I have had to pull a front tire and re balance it after 4 or 5k. But since I started useing the beads in the front (2oz) I have never had to re balance.
If you dont want to use them, dont, if you want to use them, do it. If something works for ya great, its that simple, and theres no sence in getting into a pissing match over it, Its the same as useing a ct and going to the darkside, it it works for ya, great, if it dont, then it dont. Its that simple.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 pm

As Larry said; we're just posting our experiences in here. Joe may have gotten a bad run of a tire at the same time he was trying the beads and got bad results; I dunno, but he probably rides even a little harder than me - or at least he has a lot more weight and power going to the tire. I'm a twisty freak too!
I felt an "improvement" in smoothness in the front tire that had nothing at all wrong with it.
I removed 4 oz. of weight off the back adding in 3 oz. of beads and it's doing great. If that doesn't say they work, then what?
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:51 am

I love it, people say these things work, because they "feel" an improvement, even if the tire is already balanced. Same as saying that gutting a muffler gives more power, because you can "hear and feel" more power, same old BS. Of course, you've then got to say those experiencing poor results with these things must have other issues at work.

There has been no 'proof' that this work, or actually no 'proof' that they don't work. The one video someone posted was by the company making them, and so easily faked as to be not worth watching, as is most 'proof' of this kind. When asked about 'most truck companies using them', nothing has been heard. I'll be contacting the 5 largest trucking companies in the US to see if I can find out if they use these or not. Hopefully, some of them will respond, when/if they do, I'll post here.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Post  Painter D Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 am

I know of several trucks that have the beads installed in the steering axle tires and they were impressed with the results. Of course we had to request them to be installed or they balance them the old fashion way.
I just know everyone here who uses them have had good results and have never had them been called "snake oil" before. I guess ya learn something new every day!
I can't say about major trucking companies using them on a large scale so far, because of the fact that they are reletively new to the market.

Painter D

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 am

Not only that, but they're in the same class as Darksiding. People feel a need to stick to the "old way" it's been done for years on end and trucking companies are no different. Having a CB still in my truck from back in my truckin' days, I hear some drivers talking about using them, but couldn't join the convo as at the time I was having difficulties with my transmit.
Being very sensitive to every nuance and vibration in my bike, I have no doubt that I had an immediate and discernable improvement, especially since I was doubtful that they would do anything at all or even work. Say what ya want; naysayers just make it more interesting anyway.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 Empty re dynabead like tech

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:42 am

Give it up guys,it does absolutely no good to try and explain to some people ,you just can't fix stupid Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:50 am

Painter D wrote:That does sound rediculous blaming dyna beads for less tire life. I guess if that's what you want to blame the fast wearing tire on, go for it. I don't believe it for a minute. If anything, they will extend the tread life of a tire. That's a first.
Everything is cool now I just bought a magic wand I'm going to wave over my tires before each ride I may never need to buy tires again.....WOW ....What a smooth ride .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
Painter D wrote:That does sound rediculous blaming dyna beads for less tire life. I guess if that's what you want to blame the fast wearing tire on, go for it. I don't believe it for a minute. If anything, they will extend the tread life of a tire. That's a first.
Everything is cool now I just bought a magic wand I'm going to wave over my tires before each ride I may never need to buy tires again.....WOW ....What a smooth ride .

Please tell me what colors these wands come? I want one to match my bike!!!!!! Laughing

Thanks.................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 Empty re dyna bead like tech

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

Joe please excuse my last post,it had nothing to do with you.I respect your opinion,what I can't respect is these know it alls that have never tried anything but know all about it. (please make my wand silver)
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:29 pm

I, myself like them, as I said, Just about every front tire I have had to pull and rebalance after about 1/2 way thru the tire. Since I start useing the beads, I have never had to pull a tire and rebalance.

That being said, I think I will stick to them and they seam to work for me.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 am

Of the 5 largest truck firms in the US that I contacted, 2 have returned an email. One to say that his maintenance head was on vacation and would answer me when he returned. One other with this email.
Due to the advanced manufacturing process's, we have found, we very seldom need to balance a tire/wheel combination. We only spin balance the steer if necessary and never the drive tires or trailer tires. We do not use any type of balancing beads, chemicals, golf balls, etc in our tires.

Best Regards,

Director of Field Maintenance
Old Dominion Freight Line Inc,

This is one of the trucking firms that utilizes ways to enhance their bottom line with a gas economy vs time of delivery factor, tire wear vs speed and other methods to get the most money from every truck mile. If it works, they will use it. If it doesn't work, they will not use it. We'll see what the others have to say, if anything.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Back to top Go down

Post  Painter D Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 pm

The trucking company (Old Dominion) is right in the point they made about not having to balance the other tires on trucks. The steering axle is the only one in question here.
Most of the new tires DO NOT need to be balanced, as they are made under more precise conditions now and do not require them need balancing. The steering tires are felt directly from the drivers seat, thru the steering wheel and control the ride characteristics in the cab. That's where balancing beads come into play.
Of course there will be naysayers any where you go, or who you talk to. Just because someone does not us a product , it's not neccessarily because the don't believe in it or even tried it yet. There will be sceptics no matter where you go (ie; here) so its not surprising to find trucking companies that do not use them yet. Like I said, it's a fairly new concept and will take some time to catch on, much like runnning car tires on bikes. There will always be those who don't believe they work, no matter how many are being used everyday. Some people do not know how to think outside the box.
No I don't really care if someone does not believe something or not. It's their choice and I won't try to steer them in any certain direction. All I know is what works for me and I will continue to use the product until it doesn't. When I experience an unbalanced tire ride smooth as glass by using balance beads, I know for a fact that they work. I could give a sh!t if someone else uses the old fashion lead weights or not.

Painter D

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Painter, at least you also seem to question and have given it some thought, instead of simply buying into an idea because it's the easiest, cheapest way to do something, and it's different. I also understand skepticism, especially of the old way of doing things, I've been bucking authroity since the 60s, longer than some of your parents have been alive.

For me, I've given this a lot of thought, and just cannot imagine how putting ball bearings into a tire could do anything, except have them collect at the point furthermost away from the axle, and that isn't necessarily the lightest point of the tire/wheel combination. After all, centrifugal force is going to be the major factor as to where these beads collect. Also, I can't see how putting a pre-determined weight of these things into tires with a great disparity of imbalance can actually be the right way to do it.

The trucking industry has undergone a lot of changes, since the price of diesel has gone past the $4 a gallon price, and the cost of everything has to come into play, tires being a very costly item. That's why I thought of the trucking industry when pursuing this issue, and am looking for feedback from them and also from people that are willing to discuss it in an open and honest manner, like yourself.

I'd love to be convinced that simply putting these into a tire/wheel is the panacea for tire balancing, but have never seen anything to convince me, and the forces at play just seem to argue against this working as well as the old tire balancing. So, I'm still looking for anything that will convince me, and just because some of you say it works for you, isn't a convincing argument. Some people but too large a tire on a narrow rim, and say it works for them, and that is not a good practice.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Well here's a trick - BUY SOME and put them in. Decide for yourself. Also, take off the wheel weights after you put them in.
It's not like you're gonna need to spend as much as they would for an EIGHTEEN WHEELER WITH GIGANTIC TIRES...ya know?
Point is, none of us have any benefit from lying about it; we just like to share what we've discovered that works and works well. You DON'T have to take our word for it - $11 will make you a believer.
That said, personally I wouldn't use them again, in light of what RideOn will do- balance AND seal the tire/tube in the event of a flat. And here again, I'm taking the word of friends in the SCRC who've used it for years since it came out. They have nothing to gain by lying about it either.
Peace/out.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 am

Perhaps this might be the case. However, I've ridden on some quite unbalanced tires in the past, and never been aware of it until some other issue required me to remove a tire. i usually spend a few minutes with the tire/wheel spinning on the axle to test for balance when I've got a tire off for any reason.

That causes me to think that many others are riding around with unbalanced tires, with or without these beads, and just don't know it. I've seen too many people with gutted, extremely loud exhausts claim this gave them more power, "Just listen to how loud it is, I can feel the power", when all they've done is to rob themselves of some of the low RPM power available. Or those that takes someone's advice on what jets to put in the carb, when on doing so they have a bad running machine they feel is running very good and think it has more power. When I, or someone else, finally convinces them to get their carbs correctly jetting, they sometimes go away disgruntled.

I will always listen to what others say, but take everyone's 'opinion' exactly as what it is, an opinion. I've also seen far too many outspoken people convince a group to head in a direction that is not the best way to go. To cut this short, I'll change when/if I feel it's right for me. Hopefully, the rest of you will do the same, listen to what everyone says and make up your own mind.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Back to top Go down

Dynabead like tech - Page 2 Empty re dynabead like teche

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:29 am

Glad you finally got it,that is what we have been saying all along,we are pretty good at thinking for ourselves on this board the difference is we draw our opinions from experience. lol! lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Back to top Go down

Post  Stickyfrog Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:53 am

Amazing to me at the turns this thread took. Merry Christmas all. Smile
Stickyfrog
Stickyfrog

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wvance22611 Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:18 pm

http://www.counteractbalancing.com/application1.html

There are a number of truck line testimonials on this site for a similar product to Dynabeads, as well as those of tire centers, etc.

Bill

wvance22611

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:31 am

wvance22611 wrote:http://www.counteractbalancing.com/application1.html

There are a number of truck line testimonials on this site for a similar product to Dynabeads, as well as those of tire centers, etc.

Bill

You can get these testimonials for about anything there is, and they usual cost very little. As of now, 2 out of the 5 largest trucking companies say they do not add anything to any of their tire/wheels. I'm still waiting to see if the other 3 will answer after the holidays.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Back to top Go down

Post  Painter D Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:53 pm

It's really no use even discussing the issue with one who doesn't believe it with even a video that proves it works. Like it's been said, "You can't fix stupid"! It's a fricken scientific fact that proves it works. Some can be told the sky is blue and they can look right at it and claim it isn't.

Painter D

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:25 am

Painter D wrote:It's really no use even discussing the issue with one who doesn't believe it with even a video that proves it works. Like it's been said, "You can't fix stupid"! It's a fricken scientific fact that proves it works. Some can be told the sky is blue and they can look right at it and claim it isn't.

Yep, close mind and don't ask questions, just do as your told by those that speculate that it works. Nope, I much prefer to have an open mind, and question, much as I did in the year that it took me to decide to put a car tire on my 2 bikes. As when someone stated on here that major trucking companies used beads on their tires. I could have bought this 'speculation', like you evidently did. But instead, I chose to contact the 5 largest trucking firms in the US, to ask them. Only 2 of the 5 have returned my email, both saying that they do not use anything in their tires, no fluids, beads, marbles, zip, nada, zilch, in any of their tires.

Exactly what 'scientific fact' are you talking about, I'm using the 'fact' of centrifugal force, are you perhaps using magic as your 'fact'. I've never said that particular video was nor wasn't an advertising video, easily faked if desired. However, I am very skeptical of any such video put out by a manufacture to 'prove' how good their product is. I may someday use these beads or one of the liquids that say they do the same. It, however, will not be because close minded individuals, like you, try and browbeat me into doing so, it will be when I can justify it by some actual scientific fact.

I can hold an intelligent discourse with anyone, but find impossible to hold an intelligent debate with someone like you, that seems to prove the adage, "You can't fix stupid." I would also suggest you open your mind, a fresh breeze does wonders to refresh and allow healthy spectazism.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next