Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess What! I went Shopping and Got a New Tire!!

+2
Muntz
DS-Wing-Nut
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guess What!  I went Shopping and Got a New Tire!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess What! I went Shopping and Got a New Tire!!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 pm

there is a hooters at Beltline and the tollway in Addison. Been there! Very Happy
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Guess What!  I went Shopping and Got a New Tire!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess What! I went Shopping and Got a New Tire!!

Post  Steve-O Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 am

On Tuesday, I will need to leave at 7. I can get there by 5. We can get some good pics and swap lies there. I think the parking lot behind is big enough where we could ride the bikes a bit to see what the different tires felt like. Weather dependent of course. I won't be there if it's raining!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Steve-O wrote:On Tuesday, I will need to leave at 7. I can get there by 5. We can get some good pics and swap lies there. I think the parking lot behind is big enough where we could ride the bikes a bit to see what the different tires felt like. Weather dependent of course. I won't be there if it's raining!

I can do 5pm but I'm sorry Steve-O, I probably won't be letting anyone ride my bike. Nothing against you. just need to know you for a bit and know your riding skills. It's kind of a code....... or at least that's what I've always gone by.... You never ask to ride a buddies bike... but if he offers it to you then you have a choice... to ride or not??

Anyone else go by that ??? or is it just me?

David W.

Last edited by DarkSide-Shadow on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm

If I do a front wheel stand on my bike in the parking lot, will you let me ride yours???? Very Happy

Just joking. Perfectly okay with me. Guess I'll know soon enough what a CT feels like on my bike.

You probably don't want to bring your old 165 with you next Tuesday. I can swing by Ennis and get it next week or two. And if you change your mind about the old tire, that's okay too.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm

I just need to know you for a bit and know your riding skills. It's kind of a code....... or at least that's what I've always gone by.... You never ask to ride a buddies bike... but if he offers it to you then you have a choice... to ride or not??

David W.

+1................. Wink

............bobby

Last edited by twin1300 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:27 pm

twin1300 wrote:
I just need to know you for a bit and know your riding skills. It's kind of a code....... or at least that's what I've always gone by.... You never ask to ride a buddies bike... but if he offers it to you then you have a choice... to ride or not??

David W.

+1................. Wink

............bobby

+2 Only this is a little difficult when your buddy hops off at a redlight and offers you his bike and you are not expecting it. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Muntz wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

David W.

+1................. Wink

............bobby

+2 Only this is a little difficult when your buddy hops off at a redlight and offers you his bike and you are not expecting it. Laughing

Hey....I aint laughing any more Wheelie King King .....that could have been "LoJ" laying there with your broke foot! instead of "ebony".................. Razz

Last edited by twin1300 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:37 pm

I'd never roast another mans tire, at least not the way I was "getting the mold release off" of Ebony. Wink

We probably looked like we were doing some kind of Cajun fire drill. Laughing

Last edited by Muntz on Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Steve-O wrote:If I do a front wheel stand on my bike in the parking lot, will you let me ride yours???? Very Happy

Just joking. Perfectly okay with me. Guess I'll know soon enough what a CT feels like on my bike.

You probably don't want to bring your old 165 with you next Tuesday. I can swing by Ennis and get it next week or two. And if you change your mind about the old tire, that's okay too.

the tire is still yours!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 pm

My training ends at 5, so I'll be there shortly after.

+5 on your riding other people's bike thing. I would rather not risk anything happening that might dampen a friendship. I view riding someone's bike like riding their wife. You don't ask, and if offered, you probably shouldn't. Twisted Evil
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:21 pm

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Well... tonight I got what I consider the hard part done! the tire is on the rim... Now I just gotta seat it... Have to wait till tomorrow.....David W.

Well......... I was wrong!! seating the bead is the hardest part..... the compressor i was using wasn't the greatest, my clamp on air nozzle won't seal at all.... I had a very bad night..... This tire is going to be a dooozy to get seated... Don't know what I'm going to do right now... probably first going to get a new clamp on air nozzle and try again... tried the cooking oil and got it all slicked up all over the side walls.... same thing is happening that happened on the 165.. there is about a 6" section that won't pop... But right now I need a new nozzle that I can put on and let go of and let the pressure build up ... I did get it up to 85 psi at one time but I think this one is going to take 110 psi like the 165 required unless anyone has a special secret or something... All I can think to try is heating the tire again, put the air on and set it out in the sun again and wait for it to POP! that's what happened last time. I'm pretty bummed tonight!! I really wanted to get this thing seated....

Kinda good news...... while it was inflated and at about 80 psi I got a measuring tape and measured the section width of an area of the tire that was seated... looks like it will be just over 7" or so... so if that's the case it won't be a problem at all for a fit...

signing off Bummmed out in Ennis, Tx!!

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear man!! A good clamp on nozzle is definitley a must for this. You'll get it, even if I have to help you beat it with a rubber mallet!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Can't wait to see it. Worst case scenario, I can bring the one I used next tuesday.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Sunday and Thursday are "Cycle Night" at the Addison Hooters. Dang! We can still meet there or anywhere else ya'll want.

There's a bone daddy's BBQ at Spring Valley and Central. It's just north of 635 and Central. That's probably a good place for Tim to head north to McKinney and 380, and Dave to head south toward Ennis. Just a thought. I'm happy anywhere.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:23 am

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:
DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Well... tonight I got what I consider the hard part done! the tire is on the rim... Now I just gotta seat it... Have to wait till tomorrow.....David W.

Well......... I was wrong!! seating the bead is the hardest part..... the compressor i was using wasn't the greatest, my clamp on air nozzle won't seal at all.... I had a very bad night..... This tire is going to be a dooozy to get seated... Don't know what I'm going to do right now... probably first going to get a new clamp on air nozzle and try again... tried the cooking oil and got it all slicked up all over the side walls.... same thing is happening that happened on the 165.. there is about a 6" section that won't pop... But right now I need a new nozzle that I can put on and let go of and let the pressure build up ... I did get it up to 85 psi at one time but I think this one is going to take 110 psi like the 165 required unless anyone has a special secret or something... All I can think to try is heating the tire again, put the air on and set it out in the sun again and wait for it to POP! that's what happened last time. I'm pretty bummed tonight!! I really wanted to get this thing seated....

Kinda good news...... while it was inflated and at about 80 psi I got a measuring tape and measured the section width of an area of the tire that was seated... looks like it will be just over 7" or so... so if that's the case it won't be a problem at all for a fit...

signing off Bummmed out in Ennis, Tx!!

David W.

Signed bummed out in Texas,

Be sure you got a compressor with a large tank that can hit it with some volume will help. If you have a pancake compressor it will be tougher.

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:52 am

This begs the question "what happens if I get a flat on the road?" Hopefully these will be easier to get off than they are to get on!

I guess the tire could be fixed with a regular tool without taking it off. And if there is a sidewall blowout, the tire would need to be replaced anyway. Not sure if it blew out in Itasca if I could get someone to put a 205 back on! (with dynabeads!).

Not sure I have to worry about flats any more than with MTs. CTs ought to be a bit tougher.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:14 pm

Yahoo!! It's mounted!! the Douglas 205/65/r15 fits on a VT1100 Honda Shadow Spirit Stock Rim!!

My Shadow has gone "Wideside"...... It was too dark to get any decent pictures but I will this weekend and I will post.

I'll be riding to work tomorrow so that will be a great 104 miles... yep,, it's 52 miles each way.

I will put together a full report! I'm excited and stoked that it's on and it fits...

Thanks Everyone!!!

Steve-O, Looks like we're on for tuesday night, as I just talked to Tim on the phone. How about meeting at Chili's at Preston and I-635. Here's a google map to the location: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=chili's&near=dallas,+tx&ie=UTF8&ll=32.922682,-96.80809&spn=0.02464,0.039911&z=15

Are there any other Dallas/Ft. Worth Darksiders on here that would like to meet up with us on Tuesday?

How about 5:30pm at Chili's??? Tuesday February 26th.

David W. (Darkside Shadow) with a 205 !!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm

David post the meeting at Chilis on the Rides section of the forum, ya might get additional turnout.
Just my .02

Congrats on the Wideside.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:17 am

DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Yahoo!! My Shadow has gone "Wideside"...... Steve-O, Looks like we're on for tuesday night, as I just talked to Tim on the phone. How about meeting at Chili's at Preston and I-635. How about 5:30pm at Chili's??? Tuesday February 26th.

Congrats. I know exactly where that Chili's is. Ate there on Wednesday. Let's just meet in the bar, I'll have a silver mesh tex jacket and a black honda cap on.

See you guys then. Looking forward to seeing the 205.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:30 am

Steve-O wrote:
DarkSide-Shadow wrote:Yahoo!! My Shadow has gone "Wideside"...... Steve-O, Looks like we're on for tuesday night, as I just talked to Tim on the phone. How about meeting at Chili's at Preston and I-635. How about 5:30pm at Chili's??? Tuesday February 26th.

Congrats. I know exactly where that Chili's is. Ate there on Wednesday. Let's just meet in the bar, I'll have a silver mesh tex jacket and a black honda cap on.

See you guys then. Looking forward to seeing the 205.

See you then!!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:31 am

Here are the Pictures Finally!!!

Enjoy! and I hope this helps others...
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:13 am

the pictures look awesome!! That looks pretty bad-ass! Awesome job!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2