Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatboy

4 posters

Go down

Fatboy Empty Fatboy

Post  Fatboy Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Been running a Vredestein Comtac 175/75 tire since June. Got about 1000mi. on it, and the sweet spot seems to be 46 PSI.
Lower pressures brings on a weave at 80mph and really bad at 90mph, but the road temps here are high. I actually look at the hot temp. , which needs to be on my bike at least 48PSI(hot). I usually get a 4 to 7 psi rise from the cold press.
Charlie
Fatboy
Fatboy

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Fatboy Empty Re: Fatboy

Post  quadancer Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Wow, I don't understand that. I'm running 36 with the wife, two saddlebags with some gear and my 220 lbs. It rides perfect, corners like a bat.
Could your gauge be bad? I felt like I was running on sidewalls at 40, but I was totally new to it then...400 miles ago.
Hey, how do you like the 4mph gearup? I love it, and it put my speedo dead on....just by luck! Now I'm hitting 5th at about 55 instead of 50.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Fatboy Empty Price for a 175/75R16

Post  T Mac Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Has anyone found this size at a better price or more known manufaturer than this Comtrac yet? $153 bucks aint cheap!!

T Mac

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Fatboy Empty No luck yet

Post  donatalie Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:30 pm

That seems to be the going price. High yes, but when compared to MC tires that only get 5-6000 miles, it will certainly save me alot of money down the road. I still haven't confirmed that it would fit my bike yet, though.

donatalie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Fatboy Empty Re: Fatboy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down