Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding?

2 posters

Go down

Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding? Empty Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding?

Post  fatboysfatboy99 Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 pm

How can you tell if your scooter has been lowered, and will that have to be remedied before  conversion? Talking a 1999 Fatboy. I have a 175 75x16 Austone. What about running dark with the front tire as the same species?

fatboysfatboy99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding? Empty Re: Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding?

Post  robw Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Stock seat height is 26.8 inches. If you can't ask the previous owner then try to get a measurement. Stock rear shocks have 4.5 inches of travel. If the Austone is the same height as the stock tire I can't see why it would affect anything unless your fender is narrow and round and the tire might rub when you hit a bump.
If by the same species you mean a car tire on the front I don't think it will work. When you see a reference about double dark they mean they are running a motorcycle rear tire, the same size as the stock front, on the front. Rear tires have more tread and last longer.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding? Empty Ride height

Post  fatboysfatboy99 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you, I will have to do some more measuring. I want to make sure I do this right so I don't become a statistic or worse yet help someone else to become one. I stood the dunlop next to the Austone and the Austone is possibly an inch taller and 3/4 to an inch wider. I just need to do the thing and not look back. Everybody else is /has done it so shall I. Again THANK YOU!!!

fatboysfatboy99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding? Empty Re: Does lowering a stock fatboy affect darksiding?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down