Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to come to the darkside , but need help

4 posters

Go down

Ready to come to the darkside , but need help Empty Ready to come to the darkside , but need help

Post  garydup Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:22 am

I have a 2007 Kawasaki Nomad 1600. I am ready to come over to the Darkside. What is the best CT to put on my bike? I have a short window to get the tire and get it mounted before I leave for a road trip. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

garydup

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Back to top Go down

Ready to come to the darkside , but need help Empty Re: Ready to come to the darkside , but need help

Post  Badmoon Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:04 am

Gary
I like the way you are thinking. Need some more info please. What tire are you running now? and What type of rim is on your bike?
Im sure that someone will be along shortly to give you the best recomendation for tire and size shortly but this info is needed.
Welcome to the site.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Ready to come to the darkside , but need help Empty Re: Ready to come to the darkside , but need help

Post  garydup Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:53 am

I am running the stock size tire 170/70b16 M/C 75H on the stock rim

garydup

Back to top Go down

Ready to come to the darkside , but need help Empty re ready to come to darkside but need help

Post  Larry Simpson Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I have a 05 nomad 1600 have been running 205-60-16 goodyear tripple tread for 3yrs now.It has credit card clearance on shaft tube but never touches,mitchelin hydro edge also seems to be a good choice.My bead seated at less than 50psi ,you will have to deflate to install.I am currently running 32psi. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:56 pm

See I told ya, and Larry is a good dude.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 am

I'm running a Continental Vanco 185/75/16. It will fit. The clearance issue here is not the width but the height.

The 185/75/16 will correct the speedo error and won't raise your rpm's.

MT

MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  garydup Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Well I am half way there. I purchased a Good Year TT 205/60r16 today. I hope to have it mounted and installed on my bike sometime during the the week. Laughing

garydup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down