Finally Ready For The Darkside

Go down

Finally Ready For The Darkside

Post  KC8CTA on Sat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Well my new Mich Primacy Alpin PA ZP and Bridgestone G709 showed up Thursday. Got them mounted Friday morning and changed the brakes and mounted the tires Friday afternoon. Had alot of brake issue cus that were finally resolved this morning. Waiting on the wife to get home to watch the kids so I can venture out for my first ride on the DARKSIDE.

I have read that the pressure on the Mich. should be 30-32. What do you gain or lose in this 2 psi span?
KC8CTA

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally Ready For The Darkside

Post  CutterDuck on Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Congrats on your new shoes!! Smile

The pressure you run is IMO just a personal preference, depending on where one rides and ones riding style......cruiser, brisk rider or flat out spirited rider. Some say they have a softer ride at 30 and feels more glued to the road on the twisites. You will probably get better mileage out of the center running 30.

Hope you enjoy the ride.
CutterDuck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  KC8CTA on Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I spoke to soon. Went for a ride and after about 15 miles I got the rubbing/dragging sound back. Got home jacked up front and spun the tire. Very loud and barley got 1 revoloution. I am stumped..I had bike at dealer for brake reacall and the said I might want to thank about flushing the system. Sail it would be ok until this winter. Thought they just wanted my money. The fluid is dark and I do not know if this might make a caliber not fully release.
KC8CTA

Back to top Go down

Post  KC8CTA on Sun May 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Got the brake issue fixed and finally got out for my first ride on the CT. Ride is alot smoother and talk about grip. Glad I made the change. yeah
KC8CTA

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

What did you find with your brake issues, and how many miles on the scoot? .... never mind, . just saw your next post Embarassed R.I.F. reading is fundamental Very Happy

If yuo thought that first ride was a good one ... just wait a few hundred miles when you get really confident in it ..... These things take the ride to a new level.

Enjoy
See you out there
Smokey

Life's short, work hard, play harder and ride it like it's yours.

Wringing your hands just prevents you from rolling up your sleeves.

1300C with too many to list and the list keeps changing.
Currently running Hydroedge 205-70-15

carb tuning help by scar http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=1914
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down