Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me.

5 posters

Go down

Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me. Empty Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me.

Post  Shawman Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Okay, I'm ready to convert to the DS. I'm just starting my research, so any help is appreciated. I have a 2000 VN 1500. The MT's they run are 150/80-16. I would like to know the best CT manufacturer to use (GoodYear?) and the size I'll be looking at. Thanks in advance. I'll most likely have lots more questions as I go through this process.

Shawman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Back to top Go down

Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me. Empty Re: Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me.

Post  jedishon Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Welcome to the site. The Kawasaki section should be able to lead you in the right direction. Take your time and make a good informed choice.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me. Empty Re: Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me.

Post  MAS Tequila Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 am

Your choices are limited by the shape of the swingarm. The 1600's will take a larger size with no mods.

The most popular size is the 195/60/16. It will fit with no mods. I would recommend a 175/75/16, it will correct the speedo and not raise your engine rpm's at speed.

I'm running a Continental Vanco 185/75/16. It required a little grinding on the swingarm.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Cookies of the Darkside have enticed me. Empty Huh?

Post  Da Badge Man Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:06 am

Wait a minute...you got cookies?!? I miss out on all the good stuff! Gaah
Da Badge Man
Da Badge Man

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:03 am

Da Badge Man wrote:Wait a minute...you got cookies?!? I miss out on all the good stuff! Gaah

eat Sorry...I ate 'em ALL!!!! BWwwhahahahaha
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down