Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,

+3
quadancer
Larry Simpson
Twitch23
7 posters

Go down

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,  Empty Just joined the darkside for the cookies,

Post  Twitch23 Fri May 06, 2011 5:07 pm

I stayed for the ride. I bit the bullet today and darksided my vtx 1300c. I only have about 20 miles on the new tire so far, but man what a difference. I also discovered that my original dunlop was scalloping, which would explain why I never really liked the feel of the stockers anyway. I have to admit that I went with an economy tire due to budget, but the idea was to get a cheap tire to try, and if I liked it, get a grabber for christmas. Alternatly, if I didnt like the feel I wouldnt be out too much cash. I got a primewell 205-70-15 non directional from Tires plus. For anyone considering the darkside, but wanna try it without too much outlay of cash, this tire will work fine. The folks at the shop did explain that it was an economy tire and the tread life may not be that long, but for my purposes its great.

I removed the rear wheel and took it to a local shop with the new tire. They only charged me about $30 to mount and balance. Of course the tech gave me the usual speech about the sidewall differences and flexing blah, blah, blah. I appreciate that he mentioned it, but I had already done my due research. The guy at the counter told me that they have done several CT installs before. I was really surprised how smoothly the wheel went back on the bike. Overall, not a hard job to accomplish. Almost the same effort it takes to change a car tire. I love my X, and I think my x loves its new shoe.

Thanks for all the great info on here guys.

Twitch23

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,  Empty re just joined the darkside for the cookies

Post  Larry Simpson Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Sure hope that wasn't the only reason cause you are in for a let down onelaf It just gets better from here. Laughing Laughing
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,  Empty Re: Just joined the darkside for the cookies,

Post  quadancer Fri May 06, 2011 7:09 pm

If you get any COOKIES you're gonna have to share 'em with the REST of us! hmmm
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,  Empty Re: Just joined the darkside for the cookies,

Post  Twitch23 Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Just joined the darkside for the cookies,  12917310

Twitch23

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Fri May 06, 2011 8:25 pm

LIES!!! LIES I TELL YOU!!! They HIDE them from you! lafer
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Fri May 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Congrats and welcome.
The cookies will be in an empty box... Vader
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat May 07, 2011 8:38 am

00 Doc wrote:Congrats and welcome.
The cookies will be in an empty box... Vader

No Doc, the cookies will be in Twins tummy. They fit real good in there.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Sat May 07, 2011 9:40 am

Congrats and welcome Twitch, enjoy the rides.
We have no cookies, no patches (anymore), just a safe and smooth ride, hat's
all what matters.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Congrats Twitch!!!! Ok...I ate the cookies, but the darkside still rocks. I will ride a Primewell next!

.........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum