Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So where are the cookies and will this hurt

4 posters

Go down

So where are the cookies and will this hurt Empty So where are the cookies and will this hurt

Post  WSsnoopy Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm

I have a 99 Kawasaki Drifter 1500. A friend of mine has been on the DS for a while now and bike tire prices are making me think about this. My question is this. I am looking at a 195/55/16 but don't know what size of tube to use, best brand/model to use, ect. At the risk of sounding like a nube can anyone advise? also does anyone know where I can get a car tire mounted on my bike in KC?

WSsnoopy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Back to top Go down

So where are the cookies and will this hurt Empty Re: So where are the cookies and will this hurt

Post  jedishon Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Most use the tube they are using or seal the rims. As for a shop to mount the tire I would look for a mom and pop shop. Though the major shops are getting more friendly about it. Discount tires have mounted mine in the past.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

So where are the cookies and will this hurt Empty Re: So where are the cookies and will this hurt

Post  Doc Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm

What Jerry said, use a motorcycle tube the same size as you had.
I have a local Mom & Pop type place that has a rim grip mounting machine mount my tires.
The charge is the same as every tire mount they do... $8, They get a nice tip from me too. thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:58 pm

It WILL hurt...when you realize that every time you slipped on gravel, backskidded into a broadslide, jumped over tar snakes, and got Massive Monkeybutt from all the vibration -
the answer was right here all along!!! (since the 30's even!)[i]
BIG thumbs up on the tipping your installer. Be appreciative and the next guy gets better service.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down