Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get the wife to not talk to you

+9
WacoBill
Muntz
motorcyclereb
nodakbassmaster
Toasted_311
gstanfield
KYVTX1300
ttexastim
smokey2255
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to get the wife to not talk to you Empty How to get the wife to not talk to you

Post  smokey2255 Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:42 am

Here they are y'all, I brought it in thursday night and tore it down in a couple hours friday evening.

With the side bags off

How to get the wife to not talk to you DSCF23581

Tore down version

How to get the wife to not talk to you DSCF23681

Rear look at it

How to get the wife to not talk to you DSCF23661

The part that iced her mad at me again cake

How to get the wife to not talk to you DSCF23691

Surprising how quick it tore down, especially considering that about a year and a half ago I was intimidated by removing the seat let alone the tank. Sure didn't take me long to get over my anxieties, and when I did I did it big Laughing Laughing
Now the plan is tonight to get the hicks ctr and screw on it so I can get hicks removal tool off to him. Get the cruising pegs on it and the risers, now to go find a write up about disassembling the throttle housing and reassemly.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

How to get the wife to not talk to you Empty Re: How to get the wife to not talk to you

Post  ttexastim Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:59 am

Your wife is a good woman to put up with that. I wouldn't dare to try something like that.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

How to get the wife to not talk to you Empty Re: How to get the wife to not talk to you

Post  KYVTX1300 Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:21 am

I showed your pics to my wife, now I am out of the doghouse.

You rule, again!!!!

How to get the wife to not talk to you Dsc00410
KYVTX1300
KYVTX1300

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.wccauto.com/gallery/Motorcycle/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:28 am

Wow, your wife may be mad, but she'll get over it in time. My wife would not have let me do that, but she was nice enough tolet us move to a bigger house out of the big city and nwo I have 2-1/2 acres to play on and 1800sqaure foot of shop space to play in plus another 350 or so sqaure foot of storage building that I could use if I ever ran out of room in the new shop.

Besides, she's not really mad at you, but she has to pretend to be so you get the warm feeling of getting away with something. It's how they control us.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:31 am

Got another mod to do tonight now. My heated vest and gloves came in so now I get to wire them up. Since I am going to be wiring anyway I may as well go ahead and do the twin lightside mod too. Thanks twin for the brackets.

Kyvtx ..... Your wife has nothing to be upset about at all. I have not shown yall what i have done to my basement. As a scene setter let me describe my basement to you, There are a total of 1734sft down there split into 4 rooms by brick walls. One room 8' X 13' is a store room with permanant shelves built into it going the length down both walls next to it on the right is the laundry room 13'6" X 13 ( i stay out of there..bad mojo pale ) to the right of that is the wood room 9' X 13' fire wood storage area. just outside the door is about a 20' X 16' area that has the wood stove furnace and chimney, also stuffed into this area are my "inside work benches and tool boxes" , back to the left of this is a "sitting" area with 2 couches and 3 big chairs and tv for the video games. Now behind all this is the game room that runs the full width of the basement it has the 4x8 pool table and a 4x8 air hockey table. I tell you all this to tell you that stuffed in the big open areas of the basement is my sons dirtbike, my manual tire changer, and various other project tools and projects like tuck pointing the brick walls that I started ohhhhh about 3 years ago and still have not finished, hanging new doors that have needed to be installed since I poured 24 yards of concrete in the basement, the house rewiring that I started about 2 1/2 years ago. See with all these started projects my wife does have a little cause for concern, She has been living with my ADD infected self for 21 years so yeah she is a little "nervous" that this too will be a never ending project. I joked to her about a valkyrie I saw on ebay affraid affraid A little upset is a serious understatement to describe her reaction. Lets just say I wont be buying anything until the bike is back together and out of the house Embarassed

Have a great weekend yall

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Showed that to Tammy...i'm still in the dog house sorta..but not as bad. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:34 pm

smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing What the heck does this say?
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Smokey I know where you are coming from. When my wife moved in with me I had an engine in the kitchen one in the hallway and my bike engine was sleeping on my bed,(I slept on the couch) and she still married me Question ❤ Question
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Smoky u da man. Erin told me not to get any ideas, but I always have ideas. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:54 pm

nodakbassmaster wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing What the heck does this say?

Laughing Don't worry about it...it's some of the cajun/southern coming out in him. Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:17 am

nodakbassmaster wrote:
smokey2255 wrote:

See you out there
Smokey

Okay let me translate this for our northern brothers and sisters, the bike parts all over the dining room table are what topped off her pissed offedness (new word), that's what sent her over the top, that's the reason she didn't talk to me that night.
The parts are still on the table too, as I was not able to work on the bike last night because....... I was buying another truck. Like I need another pickup. This one makes 5 now. It's a 95 ext cab chevy 4x4 and I got a steal on it. That is all the incentive I needed Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to get the wife to not talk to you Empty wife told me to ask

Post  WacoBill Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 am

Smokey, Do you have a ford super cab 1984 or 1985 with an 8 foot bed, 4 speed manual transmission and the 300 c.i. inline 6?

To me that is the perfect truck and the wife is helping me look. There were very few produced I believe, but they are out there.

Even if it is not in the best of condition, I am going to buy it when I find it. She thought since you now have 5, that you might have one of those, LOL.
WacoBill
WacoBill

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Wacobill, That is not one of the trucks in the stable. Although I agree it was about the only good truck ford made for a long time. The Fords I have are an 84 single cab short bed and a 93 single long bed. Both with 302's neither compares to my worst chevy. I am soooo not a ford man,. Only reason I have them is one was given to me and the other was too sweet a deal to pass up. It is not so sweet a deal now though so it's time at my place is very limited.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:16 pm

As most of you know I have my bike in the house tore down, when I say tore down I mean the only thing on the stand is the frame and motor. Everything else is off of it. I got the front forks off to do the 1800 all balls bearing then found I didn't have a dust seal to go with it so I am waiting on it. I have all the tins and bags off for painting. My painter came down with the flu and has been bed ridden for the last 3 days so I think tonight when I get off I will swing by his place and load up all my pieces and parts so I can start reassembly. This means I will be riding one really ugly bike for my trip as I have all the fiberglass sanded down and some bondo on the tank from a couple of it's many trips it has taken on it's side. I will try to at least get it all wet sanded before I reinstall it all. This will make the wife happy for a little while as she has continuously ragged me about my "MAN" stuff in the house. The part I am not going to tell her right away is that it WILL be parked right back in there when I get home and stripped down again for paint. I bought a Burnt orange pearl paint to put on it. It is actually called Mazda Spicy orange. It is a basecoat clearcoat application so it ought to really shine when it gets done.
Now to top all this off I believe I am coming down with the flu myself, achey all over, sore throat, congested in the head and getting it in the lungs too. I will be going to see my vet (for you city folk that's a DR.) tomorrow to try to kick it in the ass. I really don't need to be getting sick right now with what Ihave to do over the next week or so.

I will update this thread as I progress or digress which ever the case may be.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13 pm

I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Sounds like you're having a grand ole time of it Smokey.... Hope you are able to get things undersontrol before it blows up and becomes a real good time. If ya don't know by know, I'm the only one who's suppose to have like that. With the way things are going for me, it probably won't be long before I really get to have fun.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Smokey sorry to hear that the flu bug is about to get you. Sniff salt water and take plenty of vitamin C. It will make your urine turn real yellow but it wont hurt. Can't overdose on Vit. C. I like that Burnt Orange Pearl paint you plan to but on your bike. If I could afford to do it I would repaint my Valk that color. cheers cheers
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:55 am

Im just glad he picked ONE color to go with. Twisted Evil

Any color is faster than primer and body filler. Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 am

Muntz wrote:Im just glad he picked ONE color to go with. Twisted Evil

Now that's just wrong................. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

...........bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 am

twin1300 wrote:
Muntz wrote:Im just glad he picked ONE color to go with. Twisted Evil

Now that's just wrong................. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing

...........bobby

Might be wrong....but it sooooooo true. Twisted Evil

This black bike could probably take him heads up, broke foot, bent bars and all. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Hey Smokie, When you get to a computer you can read this. I guess now the little wife will be asking you to put the bike back together while you are sick with the flu. Remind her that there are still some pieces of the bike that need to be recolored. I really like that Burnt Orange Pearl color. Can't wait for at least a pic and maybe we can meet up in Little Rock and I can see the new bike. If you lived down here in La. you could take it to the State Police and get it retitled an '08. Build/rebuild and just tell them that you had to rebuild it since it had a blowout on a tire burnout. Call it a Honda VTX1300 Interstate. cheers cheers cheers
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 pm

I guess Smokey's wife musta really killed him this time. Hadn't hardly heard a peep outta him for a while now. Either Cassie really killed him or she sold him on that classified ad she had going and his new owners dont let him use their 'puter. Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Razz Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Hey all
I am still alive....... just been busy as a one legged man..... between work and working on my trucks I havn't had a lot of time.
Update on the bike is......... I am gonna fire my painter. Bastard said we could do it in a week, no problem, but he has had the parts for 3 weeks now and has not touched it yet. The worst part is that I have already done all the sanding and prep work, bought all the matrials, plus some stuff I didn't need and he hasn't been around for me to gt my parts back from. Looks like I am going to have to go buy me a good paint gun and learn how to paint. Anyone have recommendations on guns and techniques for me. I have tried to be patient with this cat but riding time is too damn close to keep screwing around with him. Time to make things happen.

Wish me luck
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:13 am

Smoke dont blow it up......Stick Cassie on him (I am sure she wants your bike done at least as much as you do). He will be there that day, and probably give you a good break on the price. If not feel free to handle it your way.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:15 am

Muntz wrote:I guess Smokey's wife musta really killed him this time. Hadn't hardly heard a peep outta him for a while now. Either Cassie really killed him or she sold him on that classified ad she had going and his new owners dont let him use their 'puter. Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

Hes AAAlive....Mrs, D paid me not to bid on him. She wont let me bring my bike in either.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next