Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wife takes a spill

+3
twin1300
DocRawk
Muntz
7 posters

Go down

Wife takes a spill Empty Wife takes a spill

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:13 pm

Yesterday my wife sneezed and threw her back out. She fell twice at work before they sent her home. Being a little hard-headed she was tring to get around on her own when another "spasm" hit her again and took her to the floor.
Called my mom (shes an RN) she says get her to the ER before she falls and hurts the baby. So I gotta call the Ambulance, 'cause I cant get her up and out to the car. The Doc says he's got good news and bad news.

Good news: Baby is ok Very Happy and Eventually the spasms will go away.

Bad news: Everything to treat back spasms, is not good for the baby. So basicly theres nothing we can do for her. Sad

He did give her 2 perscriptions but told her to check with her OB Doc in the moring before taking any medication. Suspect

OB Doc says DO NOT take what he gave you, its only been tested on animals.

WHAT?????????????? Shocked You got to be kidding me.

Now I'm really pissed. I get to pay for an ambulance ride and an ER visit to see a friggin horse doctor??????

OB Doc says only tylenol, heat and rest.

Our neighbors prolly think , man they dont play, She musta broke that dudes leg, and now that he's getting around a bit, he done knocked her out!
Who cares what they think, none of them were neighborly enough to come find out what was going on. Evil or Very Mad
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Wife takes a spill Empty Re: Wife takes a spill

Post  DocRawk Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:56 pm

ER doc did the right thing telling you to talk to the OB first. You did wait to fill the prescriptions until you'd spoken to the OB, right? You learn a lot in med school, but from talking to people that've been there and done that, it seems that you learn most of what you actually use in residency. The ER doc probably didn't do much OB in residency besides emergency deliveries. Can't blame him for not knowing exactly what prescriptions were safe for an unborn child. That's why OB is a specialty. study At least he was honest about being unsure. There are plenty of docs that will act like they are sure of something when it isn't the case. Sorry about your wife's back problems. Looks like you're gonna have to learn to do all the stuff that she does around the house so that she can rest and relax. It'll all be good in the end though. You'll have a newborn, and you'll appreciate what your wife does when she's feeling well even more than I'm sure you already do.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Sorry to hear that Muntz.

Tell her we will be praying for you guys and the baby!

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Hay Muntz.
Brother,,, So sorry to hear about the Mrs. You and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. things will be OK and the both of you and baby will be fine.
My God is awsome.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:56 pm

I call BS on the OB and the ER doc......my wife's OB said her Somas were ok for her back spasms/pain..just don't over do them. Yes, docs don't like pregnant woman to take them for extended periods of time or high doses.

BUT, her primary and her OB said that taking 2 a day when her back is bad is just fine. Better the woman not fall and hurt the baby than not take some meds.

Ya might want to ask again.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:08 am

Muntz, Do what you have to do to keep your family safe. We will keep you in our prayers.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Thanks all.
Brandon, the ER Doc said let me go check to see what I can give her. Told us these meds are fine, follow-up with the OB. The only reason they didn't get filled is she didn't want me leaving her home alone that evening. The next morining when she called the OB. OB asked what meds ER DOc gave her. Thats when she told my wife that those meds had only been tried on animals.

Toasted, I'm like you....I thought there would be something out there that they could give her for the back spasms, w/o hurting the baby. Its not like my wife or yours is the first to have this.

Today the OB put her in therapy. She said she is recommending long term therapy or bedrest. I don't even know if she made it to the session. Her mom was supposed to take her. But I couldn't even get her to the bathroom. I just cant see her making it down 5 steps and out to the car.

Is it just me or does this all seem like BS?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Sounds to me like the baby is pinching a nerve. JMHO I aint no doctor.
Women are a tough, if she is having trouble you know its real.
Git her fixed up.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Sorry to hear about the injury, most important baby is good!!! Take good care of her, Ride Safe when ya heal up..Cliff
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down