Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP

3 posters

Go down

Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP Empty Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP

Post  mike.lambert Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:17 am

Have a 1800vtx N, ( 2006 if it matters)

Without doing any modifications, what is the largest c/t I can put on the rear ???

Any help with brands / places to buy would be greatly appreciated !!!

Right now, I have a 180/70R/16 on the rear. 150/80R/17 on the front. I assume I should go back with same size m/t on the front??? Avon Cobra ??? Best place to buy this tire???

Looking forward to getting this done, and will post my thoughts after completed.

Thanks,
Mike

mike.lambert

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP Empty Re: Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP

Post  greazman Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:53 am

I have a 2005 VTX1800 N and I went with a Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread 205/60/16.. I am running 38psi in the tire and just got back from a 1300 mile ride to Niagara Falls. One of the best decisions yet the tire handles great. It is a tight fit and you have to let the air out to slip the tire past the rear diff but after it is on it fills the N's rear fender and no rubs!!!greazman(Rich) Cool
greazman
greazman

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP Empty Re: Thinking about going darkside....NEED HELP

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 pm

greazman wrote:I have a 2005 VTX1800 N and I went with a Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread 205/60/16.. I am running 38psi in the tire and just got back from a 1300 mile ride to Niagara Falls. One of the best decisions yet the tire handles great. It is a tight fit and you have to let the air out to slip the tire past the rear diff but after it is on it fills the N's rear fender and no rubs!!!greazman(Rich) Cool

+1 on what greazman said!

........................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down