Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE)

3 posters

Go down

Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE) Empty Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE)

Post  Knightryder Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi gang,

Anyone out there from the Omaha, NE area gone to the darkside?

I have a 03' 1300s. Can you even go to the Darkside w/ spoke wheels?

If so, what tire and where did you get it installed at?

Thanks,

Knightryder
Cool

Knightryder

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE) Empty Re: Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE)

Post  Oldsmobility Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 am

Yes, you can mount a car tire on a spoked rim. You can either run an inner tube with a tubless tire, or you can seal the rim with some durable caulking. I went with an inner tube inside of a tubless tire, and the only trouble is that it makes the tire especially difficult to seat.

The best place to have tires mounted is always your own garage, because the management never gives you any trouble.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE) Empty Re: Thinking of going to the Darkside (Omaha, NE)

Post  twin1300 Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:39 am

Thanks Oldsmobility! Good advice. You have two options. Search on here for "Wayne" and sealing your rims. He is our resident guru on rim sealing! If you go with the tube.....it will take some patience. 165/80/15 is what I recommend because it will be on the easier side of the two options for a tire and tube. The 205/65/15 is the other one.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down