Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of going to the darkside

3 posters

Go down

Thinking of going to the darkside Empty Thinking of going to the darkside

Post  Bigdog_motorcyclist Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 am

I have a 04 Nomad FI, I also pull a large cargo trailer, I have read alot of the posts from others, and I have come to the conclusion that most of you use the 205/60/16 with the 1600 Vulcan and the 195/60 /16 on the 1500 Vulcan, also most uf the post talk about close spacing to the swingarm and shaft side, my question is, will a 185/75/16 or 185/70/16 be a better fit? I am a big guy 6' 3" 350 lbs, the trailer is loaded to 500lbs, so my bike rides low anyway, and to thaqose that say pump up my shocks,i have progressives on the bike and they at max psi. i have 85k on the bike.
Bigdog_motorcyclist
Bigdog_motorcyclist

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-19

http://www.frycarl.acndirect.com            bigdog_motorcyclist@

Back to top Go down

Thinking of going to the darkside Empty Re: Thinking of going to the darkside

Post  Fly Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:30 am

There are some 1600 Nomads that will accept a 205 tire, some will not. I've personally helped to mount several 205 tires on a Nomad, and have helped in one case where we were able to mount the rim/tire on, but it rubbed the driveshaft casing and we had to remove it. Luckily, he was able to trade the car tire for a 195 that fit just fine.

So, a 205 may or may not fit, a 195 will fit in every case that I've seen or heard of. Anything smaller, will of course fit.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

Thinking of going to the darkside Empty RE: Thinking of going darkside

Post  Bud2Rat Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:38 am

I have a 2001 Nomad that I also pull a cargo trailer with my camping gear. I have been running a Bridgestone Turanza EL400, the size is a 185/65/16. I ride 2 up with no problems. I am 6'1" and weigh 210 lbs. The reason that I chose this size tire was for the clearance issue. There is about 1/2" clearance on one side and 1/4" clearance on the other side. I hope that this info is helpful.

Bud2Rat

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

Thinking of going to the darkside Empty Re: Thinking of going to the darkside

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down