Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wide rear!!??

3 posters

Go down

Wide rear!!?? Empty Wide rear!!??

Post  VIPER Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Hey all!! I am trying to find a Taller ct to fit the rear of a GL1500/6 rather than the 175/60-16 I hear others running. I am concerend about the higher rpm's from a smaller rear tire. Also can anyone tell what MC rear tire will fit the front? Any help would be great!! Thanks in avance!

VIPER

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Back to top Go down

Wide rear!!?? Empty Re: Wide rear!!??

Post  quadancer Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:31 pm

wow, can't believe no one answered this. I just got in a Vredestein 175/70/16 for my Heritage.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Wide rear!!?? Empty re:

Post  mikeyrx Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Quadancer: this sounds like the ticket for our 1500's. Have you mounted the tire yet ? This is what I was looking for last year when I got the Formoza. I think you posted your source for the tire, but would you do so again please ? I have a couple of guys sort of interested, but they dont want to get to radical in lowering the bikes,and carrying a piece of board in order to use the centerstand.
Would be interested to hear how it fit up on the rim, and how it works on your heritage. Bet it would work nicely on a G'wing.
It sure is nice to hear about all this stuff sort of coming out of the woodwork, so to speak. I'm really glad to hear this knowledge passed along to others. I for one am glad that I went to the darkside. I was reflecting on how nice the bike rides on the way home from work tonight.
Mikeyrx

mikeyrx

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Wide rear!!?? Empty Re: Wide rear!!??

Post  quadancer Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 am

Getting it put on today. Will post back later.
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8480-vredestein-comtrac.aspx
It's tight just putting the tire itself in there to mock up and measure, but it went. It's much fatter and will
give me 4 mph more, which is good because mine is a 5 speed and I'm always trying to shift again on the
highway!
Wide rear!!?? Vredestein
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Wide rear!!?? Empty re:

Post  mikeyrx Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks ! Keep us posted on your progress
Mikeyrx

mikeyrx