Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DynaBeads Warning

+7
motorcyclereb
tods58
twin1300
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Larry Simpson
W.Hack
simpleman77
11 posters

Go down

DynaBeads Warning Empty DynaBeads Warning

Post  simpleman77 Sun May 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Well, I hate to make this post, but I have had an issue with the Dynabeads in my tires three times now. The problem arises when I take my tire pressure gauge and check the tire pressure. When I release the gauge, the valve stem holds open and allows the tire to deflate. All three times, I tried pushing the valve stem in and out rapidly to get it to reseat, but it never did.

The first time this happened, I was six miles from home. I was next to an air pump and just pumped the tire up as much as I could, put the valve cap tightly on the valve stem and rode home. The next two times were yesterday, prior to a 200 mile ride to the West Coast.

I checked the pressure in my front tire and the valve stem held open. I pushed the valve stem in and out rapidly, but the tire deflated. I got my tire kit and pulled the valve stem all the way out and, surprise surprise, there were Dynabeads stuck in between the spring part and the rubber O-ring. I cleared the beads, reinstalled the valve stem, reinflated the tire and it held. When I checked the back, same thing happened.

This bugs the crap outta me because these beads do such a great job balancing the tires. Not decided if I'm going to stop using them on my next tire swap or just be aware of this issue.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

DynaBeads Warning Empty Re: DynaBeads Warning

Post  W.Hack Sun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

I got this from their website.

* While the filtered valve cores are an asset if they can be used, many motorcycle valve stems, especially the metal chrome or SS ones will not accept them. We have no way of knowing ahead of time which ones will or will not work. If you don't have the filtered cores, simply remember to rotate the valve stem somewhere around the 6:00 position and give the stem a quick shot of compressed air BEFORE checking air pressure. For 90° valve stems, always give it a quick shot of air before checking.

Scroll down to the accessories. Filtered Valve Core COR-01 $1.20 each

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm
W.Hack
W.Hack

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Back to top Go down

DynaBeads Warning Empty re dynabeads warning

Post  Larry Simpson Sun May 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Strange,I have never encoutered this problem on my nomad.I am still using the stock 90 valve stem. scratch scratch
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 pm

I've used the magic beads one time in a Cooper Zeon 2XS on the rear of my Valkyrie ( 3 oz. ) I got the worst mileage I ever got out of a car tire ...7,400 miles What a Face I think the Dyna-Beads are nothing more than snake-oil and if you package dog s**t in a pretty box someone will buy it.

DynaBeads Warning Img_6515

Last edited by Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 on Mon May 24, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun May 23, 2010 4:55 pm

I use air soft bb's (hard plastic pellets) from Wally world. You have to install them before you seat the bead, but no issues so far and they are way too large to interfere with the schrader valve. A lot cheaper also and appear to do the same job.

................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tods58 Sun May 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I've used the magic beads one time in a Cooper Zeon 2XS on the rear of my Valkyrie ( 3 oz. ) I got the worst mileage I ever got out of a car tire ...7,400 miles What a Face I think the Dyna-Beads are nothing more than snake-oil and if you package dog s**t in a pretty box someone will buy it.
Hey Joe, Could you tell me how you really feel! bounceDynaBeads Warning Tonysx011
tods58
tods58

Number of posts : 30
Location : [IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af132/tnyzipperer/boxtruck006.jpg[/IMG]
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 am

I use Ballance Plus in my tires never had a problem with it. You can getr it from J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk.
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtwarrior Mon May 24, 2010 7:19 am

motorcyclereb wrote:I use Ballance Plus in my tires never had a problem with it. You can getr it from J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk.
I looked for that stuff on line. No luck
Got a link
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickh Mon May 24, 2010 8:43 am

I use Airsoft pellets as well, I have actually had one get stuck in the valve before and had to remove the valve stem and use a small screwdriver to push it out. This has only happened once, and that was right after I mounted my tires. This was three months ago and it hasn't happened again since then.

Nickh

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 am

Haven't had a problem with mine yet.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon May 24, 2010 8:52 am

Nickh wrote:I use Airsoft pellets as well, I have actually had one get stuck in the valve before and had to remove the valve stem and use a small screwdriver to push it out. This has only happened once, and that was right after I mounted my tires. This was three months ago and it hasn't happened again since then.

You had a Airsoft pellet get stuck in the schrader valve????? How????? The pellets are like a 1/4" in diameter!

.............................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  motorcyclereb Mon May 24, 2010 1:31 pm

I looked for that stuff on line. No luck
Got a link

Try this one.

http://www.retrocycle.com/cccatalogpage.php?pagenum=1037
motorcyclereb
motorcyclereb
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickh Mon May 24, 2010 4:55 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Nickh wrote:I use Airsoft pellets as well, I have actually had one get stuck in the valve before and had to remove the valve stem and use a small screwdriver to push it out. This has only happened once, and that was right after I mounted my tires. This was three months ago and it hasn't happened again since then.

You had a Airsoft pellet get stuck in the schrader valve????? How????? The pellets are like a 1/4" in diameter!

.............................bobby

It didn't go all the way into the schrader valve, somehow it got stuck onto the hole inside the tire, I had to remove the schrader valve and push a screwdriver through to get it unstuck. Yes, weird and a one in a million chance, but it happened.

Nickh

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Mon May 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I've used the magic beads one time in a Cooper Zeon 2XS on the rear of my Valkyrie ( 3 oz. ) I got the worst mileage I ever got out of a car tire ...7,400 miles What a Face I think the Dyna-Beads are nothing more than snake-oil and if you package dog s**t in a pretty box someone will buy it.

Soooooo...was your tire balanced throughout its short life? I ask because I have had absolutely no issue with the balance of either of my tires. No cupping or odd wear on my rear after 12,000+ miles and my front is wearing and feeling good after a couple thousand miles.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtwarrior Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 am

Thanks for the link.
That stuff is almost like tire slime.
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Rogers Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 pm

simpleman77 wrote:

Soooooo...was your tire balanced throughout its short life? I ask because I have had absolutely no issue with the balance of either of my tires. No cupping or odd wear on my rear after 12,000+ miles and my front is wearing and feeling good after a couple thousand miles.

Agreed... Dynabeads won't cause your tire to wear any faster. It just keeps it balanced. Not sure what to make of this.
Doc Rogers
Doc Rogers

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down