Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2

Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 Empty Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Don ( Highbinder ) and I met up friday to check out the Bardstown, Kentucky area for a second time getting ready for the June 11-12-13 " The Whiskey Run ". We've planned out a nice ride that I'm sure folks will enjoy. We had Don ( Spirited-6 ) join us on friday and he showed us some beautiful country out by all the rich horse farms near Lexington on our way to Bardstown ( Thanks Don ) . Friday was a beautiful day with nothing but sunshine. Friday night Dave Weaver and his wife Julie joined us at the motel and rode alittle with us Saturday when we did the scouting ride. The weather pretty much sucked saturday morning with cool temps and rain. Soon after Dave and Julie headed home we hit blue skys , dry roads and sunshine it turnrd into a awesome day for motorcycling.We hooked up with Mac ( Crazyhorse ) at The Mammoth Cave National Park and rode out for a nice lunch in Glasgow. ( Mac it was good seeing and ridin' with you again I'd like to also thank you for waiting on us ).

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2046Large

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2036Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 Empty Re: Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:55 pm

This is Abraham Lincoln's boyhood home the Lincoln Tavern is also located at this site.Dave's around 6 foot tall and the door header is a head knocker.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2005Large

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2012Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 Empty Re: Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Abraham Lincoln National Park and the boyhood cabin and tavern are not where we are going to ride on " The Whiskey Run " however both are on the way and will make a nice place to take a break and folks can check them out.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2023Large

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2020Large

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2019Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:17 pm

The sign-up page we have on the VRCC states we are going to ride to The Patton Tank Museum . Since our first scouting trip we did in late November 2009 The Patton Tank Museum is being moved to Georgia. I will say on The Whiskey Run we will have ...Whiskey and fast cars.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:26 pm

On my home I took all backroads as the weather today was made for ridin'. I saw this place last November when we did the first scouting trip so today I rode out to check it out.The road out here was outstanding . I was the only one on the entire battlefield this morning it was a very quiet and I got a uneasy feeling while walking onto the battlefield.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2049Large

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " # 2 TheWhiskeyRunScoutin2050Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down