Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " .....

2 posters

Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... Empty Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " .....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Hooked up with Don ( Highbinder ) on a cold friday morning in Richmond, Kentucky . We needed to do some scouting for the up-coming " The Whiskey Run " in Bardstown, Kentucky. Saturday the weather was cool but beautiful with nothing but sunshine.We found some nice roads out by Heaven Hill Distilleries and Markers Mark Distilleries that folks will enjoy ridin' when we return on June 11 ,12, 13 for " The Whiskey Run " . We've got the ground zero motel picked and got a decent break in cost with the group rate they gave us. Don or I will post that information later so folks can call and make reservations.I took a bunch of pictures I'll share some now and post more later as well.

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29-200

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--1
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... Empty Re: Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " .....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:31 pm

After leaving Makers Mark we took off on again some nice country backroads and made our way to Fort Knox ( Gold City ) . We pulled in at the information station at Fort Knox and I took the picture below and one of Don on his bike. A guard came running out claimin' " Sir I'll need to see those pictures " he ask how many I took and I showed him the two I took. He made me delete the one I shot of Don and his bike because it showed the gates Question He was very nice about it and told me to move the bikes down alittle and I could take another one of Don " Just don't let it show the gates " Question I said that's cool I think we'll just get the hell out of here Smile

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--2
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... Empty Re: Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " .....

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Went a few miles down the road and checked out The Patton Museum what a awesome place I really enjoyed checking this place out.

The General George Patton Museum (formerly the Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor) was established to preserve historical material, enhance the training of Armor soldiers and for public exhibit and research. The Museum is administered by the U.S. Army Armor Center, Fort Knox, and is one of the largest in the U.S. Army Museum System.

The original museum was officially dedicated on May 30th, 1949 by Beatrice Patton, the widow of the general. The present building was constructed between 1972 and 1992 without cost of the U.S. Government by the Patton Museum Foundation, Inc. with funds donated by thousands of individuals and organizations from around the world.

http://www.generalpatton.org/ Click the link for more information

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--4

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--5

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--6

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--8

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--7

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--9

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--10
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 pm

On the way back to the motel after a outstanding day of riding we rode by the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln seems ol'Abe did many things in this area and signs are everywhere letting you know just want he did at this spot or the next. Bardstown, Kentucky - " Bourbon Capital Of The World " has tons of history click the link and check it out .

http://www.visitbardstown.com/tourism/

Back from scoutin' " The Whiskey Run " ..... ScoutinTheWhiseyRun-Nov27-28-29--3
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Dammit Joe ..... I wanna come play in your playground. Awesome looking ride.... Good thing the big guy wasn't with you, he coulda showed that guard some fire power Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Looks like it's gonna be a great ride.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum