Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25

+16
wrongway
Otis56
vtxreaper
CaribCruiser
Wolfman
twin1300
horseman8m
cerooth
gadabb
Badmoon
simpleman77
MAS Tequila
smokey2255
jedishon
Doc
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25 Empty ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:46 am

New ground zero will be Knoxville , Tennessee....I'll get with the motel and work out a deal for us within the next week or so. The Thunder in the Smokies Spring Motorcycle Rally is on this same weekend all the motels in the Robbinsville , North Carolina area have jacked the prices . Knoxville is much better anyway I can work a deal with the motel that I've used for many of my rides with prices between $30.00 and $40.00 a night. This is a single level park at your door and as stated I've used them many times in the pass to stage a ride out of. We will take the scenic route to Cherohala Skyline out by beautiful Fort Loudon Lake cross Cherohala Skyline go to Bald River Falls hit The Hellbender and The Dragon ,Foothills Parkway , Little River Road into The Great Smoky Mountains and return to Knoxville on the Saturday April 24 ride.I have no doubt everyone will love this ride as its one of my favorite with some of the best roads in the country for the art of motorcycling.Watch this thread for motel information that I'll be posting by the first of March.Just for the hell of it please post back here before March 1 if you really plan on coming to this ride as I need some type of numbers in order to block off our rooms.
ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25 Dragon10-4-09003Large
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25 Empty Re: ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25

Post  Doc Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:08 am

Count me in for a single room, looking forward to meeting y'all.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25 Empty Re: ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25

Post  jedishon Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 am

Still trying to firm it up. Its 50-50 right now.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:30 am

YES
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 pm

See you there Joe. Maybe it won't rain this time.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 am

Well, don't know now. Would love to make it, but not sure of the added distance. Will check back before March 1.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:33 pm

simpleman77 wrote:Well, don't know now. Would love to make it, but not sure of the added distance. Will check back before March 1.

Eric

Kissimmee , Fl to Knoxville , Tn ..... 650 miles

Kissimmee , Fl to Robbinsville ,NC.....620 miles

Added distance 30 miles
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 pm

MAS Tequila wrote:See you there Joe. Maybe it won't rain this time.

MT

I agree all this rain this year is gettin' old.Knoxville has every kind of restaurant known to man with several good one's within walking distance of ground zero . Would like to get a good group from this site to come ride . See you there and fingers crossed for beautiful spring weather Cool
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:
simpleman77 wrote:Well, don't know now. Would love to make it, but not sure of the added distance. Will check back before March 1.

Eric

Added distance 30 miles

I apologize. I wasn't specific.

Robbinsville to Deals Gap ..... 18 miles.

Knoxville to Deals Gap ..... 55 miles.

After riding my VLX up from Lilburn, Georgia, I was planning on spending most of the week riding tha Deals Gap area. As of right now, I don't know the area, or even where, you are planning on basing this event.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Fingers crossed. Work has to pick up. You know the deal. No Mon, no fun.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

simpleman77 wrote:

Eric

Added distance 30 miles

I apologize. I wasn't specific.

Robbinsville to Deals Gap ..... 18 miles.

Knoxville to Deals Gap ..... 55 miles.

After riding my VLX up from Lilburn, Georgia, I was planning on spending most of the week riding tha Deals Gap area. As of right now, I don't know the area, or even where, you are planning on basing this event.

Eric

Come hang out and ride with us over the weekend then stay in Robbinsville or wherever starting on sunday. The Thunder In The Smoky's Rally will be over on sunday and the rates will drop back to normal , normal will still be $30.00 to 40.00 more a night than Knoxville depending on where you stay. If you stay in Knoxville you have access to every road worth ridin' thats why the Honda Hoot was based out of Knoxville for so many years.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION...DarkSide Rally ...April 23-24-25 Empty How Many Folks So Far?

Post  gadabb Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Just wondering how many folks so far are planning on attending?
I already have that weekend off from work and had planned on doing the Emerald Coast Bike Feast, Holt Fl
However, if a friend of mine in Knoxville is back from Iraq, I may just do the Dark Side Run
Gonna ride somewhere that weekend, might as well be in Tn
gadabb
gadabb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

gadabb wrote:Just wondering how many folks so far are planning on attending?
I already have that weekend off from work and had planned on doing the Emerald Coast Bike Feast, Holt Fl
However, if a friend of mine in Knoxville is back from Iraq, I may just do the Dark Side Run
Gonna ride somewhere that weekend, might as well be in Tn
I don't think I'll need to inform the police for crowd control Shocked Best I can tell 4 riders that have confirmed . Embarassed
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:01 am

I would love to, but I'm graduating on the 23rd, playing in Universal Studios 24-25, and driving back to TX on the 26th to the D/FW area
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:25 am

I'll take a single room , so it's only going to be me, my wife can't get the time off work and won't be coming Crying or Very sad , she is British and talks funny, Laughing .
as for me I'll be coming from Lake Park, Georgia, near the Florida line so if you are going north let me know and we can ride together.
Thanks SmokenJoe for getting rooms at a better price.
I'm looking fwd to seeing all of you.
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I should be getting my room this week. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the ride!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfman Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Im new to this site and just found you post about the April ride, I will try to make the ride with you all but I wont need a room because I can stay with family just west of Knox...Wolf

Wolfman

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Me and White Devil are coming!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Wolfman wrote:Im new to this site and just found you post about the April ride, I will try to make the ride with you all but I wont need a room because I can stay with family just west of Knox...Wolf

Hangin' out at the motel kickin' tires and tellin' lie's talking motorcycle etc is where you will get to know folks. Give some thought about getting a room and hangin' out with us.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:16 am

Wolfman wrote:Im new to this site and just found you post about the April ride, I will try to make the ride with you all but I wont need a room because I can stay with family just west of Knox...Wolf

Hangin' out at the motel kickin' tires and tellin' lie's talking motorcycle etc is where you will get to know folks. Give some thought about getting a room and hangin' out with us.

+1 Promise it will be a good time. I have met a few that are coming and can tell ya you will laugh and have fun. cheers
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am

Hey guys, sorry to let you know that I'm definitely not coming. Crying or Very sad
I've had some small surgery, I think you call it a hernia in the groin.
I thought I would be out for just about 2 weeks or so. Afterwards it was not
only the hernia, but it seemed that a nerve was stucked in some tissue and
they had to get it loose.
I'll need to stay at home for at least 3 more weeks. Hopefully the surgery
releases me from the pain I had for a long time.
I mentioned that I was not making it to Bobby, but still had hope. After
checking with the doc it's clear to me that it's not possible.
Will probably have to do the other side soon as well.
Feel really bad about it, since I was planning to ride for 10 - 12 days,
starting in MIA, Golfcoast to Twin and Moon and after the ride in easy going
south.
Well, hopefully some other time.
Enjoy the time together, hope more will join you guys.
Tropical regards, Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 pm

CaribCruiser wrote:Hey guys, sorry to let you know that I'm definitely not coming. Crying or Very sad
I've had some small surgery, I think you call it a hernia in the groin.
I thought I would be out for just about 2 weeks or so. Afterwards it was not
only the hernia, but it seemed that a nerve was stucked in some tissue and
they had to get it loose.
I'll need to stay at home for at least 3 more weeks. Hopefully the surgery
releases me from the pain I had for a long time.
I mentioned that I was not making it to Bobby, but still had hope. After
checking with the doc it's clear to me that it's not possible.
Will probably have to do the other side soon as well.
Feel really bad about it, since I was planning to ride for 10 - 12 days,
starting in MIA, Golfcoast to Twin and Moon and after the ride in easy going
south.
Well, hopefully some other time.
Enjoy the time together, hope more will join you guys.
Tropical regards, Robert.

Gonna miss ya's dude! Maybe next time the stars will align!....hehehehe I was looking forward to it. Thank you for your friendship and your phone calls!

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxreaper Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Took me a while to figure out my user name and reset my password. Been gone a while, driving my semi all over the country. Riding has been dead at home here in the Catskill Mtns. of New York. We had a five foot snow storm two weeks ago. Glad I was down in Laredo, Atlanta, N.C. S.C.,Va etc. well below the weather.
Home now for a bit. Still two feet of snow on the ground here and another 10 inches fell two nights ago. I got so in the mood to ride my bike last week that I turned it around in the garage, facing out looking at the snow and almost went for it. Sanity prevailed, my driveway has a drop like Mt. Everest, I don't think I would have made it down even though I am a Darksider. If I made it down I would have had to chain up to get back to the house.
Oh Yeah!!!!!!! a Darkside get together. Saw it on the other site, I am gonna go. I will come with the scoot if the weather breaks. If I am working, which I will try not to be for that weekend I will bring the Semi. I will schedule work in the Knoxville area.
Still haven't figured out a way to travel with the bike on the Semi. No room between the truck and trailer, no room in the trailer, always filled with freight.
Had an idea to have a mount welded to the front of the truck with a ramp to drive with the bike in front of the grille. Gotta work this one out.
Really need the bike with me for the days off. I stay South for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. It just kills me to see everyone riding and I don't have the option...
Well it is good to be back, I am going to order a new rear front for my bike and get it mounted with high hopes of riding to Knoxville on the 21st-22nd of April.
Gonna scrape some floorboards with ya all..
Hey Joe, are the rooms singles or could we double up. Not a money issue, but I don't need a whole room. Plus leaves more $$ for beer, food and debauchery.

Cliff aka REAPS
vtxreaper
vtxreaper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Took me a while to figure out my user name and reset my password. Been gone a while, driving my semi all over the country. Riding has been dead at home here in the Catskill Mtns. of New York. We had a five foot snow storm two weeks ago. Glad I was down in Laredo, Atlanta, N.C. S.C.,Va etc. well below the weather.
Home now for a bit. Still two feet of snow on the ground here and another 10 inches fell two nights ago. I got so in the mood to ride my bike last week that I turned it around in the garage, facing out looking at the snow and almost went for it. Sanity prevailed, my driveway has a drop like Mt. Everest, I don't think I would have made it down even though I am a Darksider. If I made it down I would have had to chain up to get back to the house.
Oh Yeah!!!!!!! a Darkside get together. Saw it on the other site, I am gonna go. I will come with the scoot if the weather breaks. If I am working, which I will try not to be for that weekend I will bring the Semi. I will schedule work in the Knoxville area.
Still haven't figured out a way to travel with the bike on the Semi. No room between the truck and trailer, no room in the trailer, always filled with freight.
Had an idea to have a mount welded to the front of the truck with a ramp to drive with the bike in front of the grille. Gotta work this one out.
Really need the bike with me for the days off. I stay South for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. It just kills me to see everyone riding and I don't have the option...
Well it is good to be back, I am going to order a new rear front for my bike and get it mounted with high hopes of riding to Knoxville on the 21st-22nd of April.
Hey Joe, are the rooms singles or could we double up. Not a money issue, but I don't need a whole room. Plus leaves more $$ for beer, food and debauchery.

Cliff aka REAPS

Now...it's going to be a party......(said like Vince Vauhn in Couples Retreat)...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

...............twin
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Took me a while to figure out my user name and reset my password. Been gone a while, driving my semi all over the country. Riding has been dead at home here in the Catskill Mtns. of New York. We had a five foot snow storm two weeks ago. Glad I was down in Laredo, Atlanta, N.C. S.C.,Va etc. well below the weather.

Cliff aka REAPS

Yes Cliff both single and double rooms are available. Total cost tax and all is...$31.66 single ....$37.98 double....I look forward to seeing you there that's a sharp bike you have ....You should make reservation as soon as possible to insure you will be in the same block of rooms as the rest of us let them know you are with " The DarkSide Group " to get the discount.
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next