Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Steve-O
Badmoon
simpleman77
maurice
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: newbie

Post  jedishon Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 pm

maurice wrote:
jedishon wrote:Nice feeling isn't it.

Jerry

yup Jerry. funny how critics site curves as the problem.

maurice

Whats funny is someone that has never tried it knows everything about it. I quit talking to them, but I will answer any honest question.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 pm

yeah, like this argument i recently heard" i never have been raped but know it is wrong to rape, therefore I don't have to have ridden a ct to know it is wrong". We know rape is wrong and bad after hearing from females the trauma they went through, pain. What have they heard from the bike or ct about how bad it is? Very Happy They are hanging on, like the horse and buggie business before Ford came along.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey Maurice,

Nice to have you on the site. You've chosen well and it seems you are off to a great start.

I haven't checked that other site in forever. Seems like if you aren't ATGATT or wear a full face helmet you are insane, let alone if you put a car tire on your bike. Welcome to the family!!!

And howdy everyone else!! I know it's been forever since I've been around. I'll try to get back here more regularly. I've been busy driving horses (the real ones). Between that and riding my shadow like it's a dirtbike down my muddy road, I've been busy! All hail the Car tire though!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm

ttexastim wrote:Hey Maurice,

Nice to have you on the site. You've chosen well and it seems you are off to a great start.

I haven't checked that other site in forever. Seems like if you aren't ATGATT or wear a full face helmet you are insane, let alone if you put a car tire on your bike. Welcome to the family!!!

And howdy everyone else!! I know it's been forever since I've been around. I'll try to get back here more regularly. I've been busy driving horses (the real ones). Between that and riding my shadow like it's a dirtbike down my muddy road, I've been busy! All hail the Car tire though!

Good to see ya back, Tim.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:51 am

Good meeting you last night!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 am

Steve-O wrote:Good meeting you last night!

Thanks and the same here Steve. You seem like a great guy and hopefully we can meet again, with or without a ride. I am looking into a windshield after your comment as I have been roughing it long enough on the hwy. Very Happy

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 am

Memphis Shades...... If you just buy the bracket, I have a clear shield you can have for cheap. I can bring it out with me.....

The windshield makes a huge difference.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Steve-O wrote:Memphis Shades...... If you just buy the bracket, I have a clear shield you can have for cheap. I can bring it out with me.....

The windshield makes a huge difference.

Sounds Great. Do i just google for bracket with my model and yr. bike to get the right one?

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Here you go Maurice....
http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/search?p=KK&srid=S11%2d1&lbc=cruisercustomizing&ts=custom&pw=memphis%20shades&uid=401092348&isort=score&view=list&w=Windshield%20Mounting%20Hardware&rk=1

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm

jedishon wrote:Here you go Maurice....
http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/search?p=KK&srid=S11%2d1&lbc=cruisercustomizing&ts=custom&pw=memphis%20shades&uid=401092348&isort=score&view=list&w=Windshield%20Mounting%20Hardware&rk=1

Jerry

Thanks Jerry but looks like over $100 just for mounting brackets! Is that correct?
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

It all depends on the type of windshield. I'd send Steve a pm and find out what he wants to sell you. You might be able to get the mounting hardware on e-bay. Or you can check a local salvage yard.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:24 pm

jedishon wrote:It all depends on the type of windshield. I'd send Steve a pm and find out what he wants to sell you. You might be able to get the mounting hardware on e-bay. Or you can check a local salvage yard.

Jerry

Good idea Jerry. i will. thanks

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Just an FYI, Memphis Shades hardware is the expensive part of their shields and lowers. I looked forever for a deal on lowers hardware and never found a good one. Finally ordered through Amazon for $56 shipped. Will get them this or next week. The lowers plastics sell for around $20-$25 per pair.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Yes it is..... I went with national cycle and made my own lowers. Been looking at a fairing so I might end up getting the memphis shields mounting hardware anyway.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 pm

$100 is about right for the hardware. I think you can go to the memphis shades site and get a part number, then look for them cheaper on ebay.

I "too" looked for lowers forever....ended up buying them new and they were not cheap. Might be selling them in a year or so....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Steve-O wrote:$100 is about right for the hardware. I think you can go to the memphis shades site and get a part number, then look for them cheaper on ebay.

I "too" looked for lowers forever....ended up buying them new and they were not cheap. Might be selling them in a year or so....

Steve, since there are so many memphis shade types, and I don't know which one you have, can you tell me the hardware I would need, and then i could look on ebay? Also, how much will you sell me your shield.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Here is the part number list:

http://www.memphisshades.com/honda_fatslim_appchart.shtml

$35 for the clear windshield. It's barely used. I bought a colored one to replace the clear on.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Steve-O wrote:Here is the part number list:

http://www.memphisshades.com/honda_fatslim_appchart.shtml

$35 for the clear windshield. It's barely used. I bought a colored one to replace the clear on.

Just so i get the right one Steve, is this matching your shield for 2001 shadow spirit vt1100c. i chose part mem9908.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Memphis-Shades-Fats-Slim-Mounting-Hardware_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca6d9cc4fQQitemZ260497329231QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm

MEM is the lowers. You want
2321-0042

You can also call cruisercustomizer (or call your honda shop) and confirm the part number you need.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Steve-O wrote:MEM is the lowers. You want
2321-0042

You can also call cruisercustomizer (or call your honda shop) and confirm the part number you need.
Are you sure Steve, cause topic states Fat/Slims quick change mounting kit on left side on the bottom of the screen, and on the right side topic stated lowers. Mem was for both, but different number. The number you gave i think is the quicker changing top half. bottom half shows use with allen wrench. Pls look and verify as i sure hate to get wrong one. which exact shield is the one you have? thanks!
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Never mind Steve, I went with the slipstreamer ss hellfire. it's over 18" tall, and i got it new delivered for 116.00. seemed less complicated. thanks for replies! I really appreciate it.

maurice
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 am

Next you'll want lowers. If you notice buffeting with just the windshield. I made my own lowers, as others here have, and I can wear a baseball hat without fear of it blowing off.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

I had lowers, and removed them when I couldn't fit them and my lights....I didn't notice much of a change in buffeting. But I don't wear baseball caps while riding since the fire coming from my car tire scorches the back of my head.... newbie - Page 2 Icon_biggrin newbie - Page 2 Icon_biggrin newbie - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

$116 sounds like a great deal. I have always had a shield. I pulled it off one time to get the full "motorcycle experience". Wind noise was so awful, I rode one block, turned around and put it back on. You'll appreciate the shield on long trips. Much fewer bugs....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 pm

I pull my shield for local runs but it's a must have for long trips.
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Post  maurice Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm

ttexastim wrote:Hey Maurice,

And howdy everyone else!! I know it's been forever since I've been around. I'll try to get back here more regularly. I've been busy driving horses (the real ones).

Thanks for the welcome Tim, been so busy getting this shield thing done that I forgot to post. Yes, it is a welcome family with a car tire. driving horses!! You even through in a "Howdy" to be consistent! Very Happy Bet your bike feels really smooth after riding a horse. Probably after a Harley reaaaaly smooth after that.

maurice

Last edited by maurice on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
maurice
maurice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next