Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post  metalguy Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello everyone!! I am a new member, and have been interested in going to the darkside for a number of years. I currently ride a 2008 Victory Vision, and my project "hobby" bike is a 1984 Honda VT700C. I am looking for a good car tire for the VT700. Any sugts from different modelsgestions? It is a "rat" bike, with many parts from different models, including the headlight, which I took off of a Russian Radar truck when I was deployed to Iraq in 2007. I love the bike, but it is time for a new rear skin. Any ideas???-----Metalguy Wink

metalguy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:05 pm

depending on what size is on there now, it may be slim pickings for that thing...

Welcome to the site!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:39 am

Otis56 put a Federal 165/80/15 on his vlx 600. You could send him a PM and see what his rim size is.
There are a lot of 750 runing darkside on here, I'm sure some of them will chip in the info they have.
Evjoy the quest its part of the fun....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:59 am

metal guy, did you get my pm on the honda board? my stock tire was a 170/80/15 if that will help you,,

mark f,, aka otis56 here, old dad there Cool
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  metalguy Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 am

No, I didn't get your PM yet. I need to head back to the HSN forum, and check! They used to send alerts when we got PM's, but that stopped. Thanks for your input. I read that Loooong thread in HSN, and it was very enlightening. One of the guys in my riding club has a CT on his VTX1300, and loves it! I have been thinking a long time about it, but now that I have the opportunity, I am headed there. I have one more tire (M/C) for my Vision, and will be trying a C/T for that when I wear that one out. Probably will be the first Victory Vision darksider, then!!-----Metalguy Wink

metalguy

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:25 pm

metalguy wrote:No, I didn't get your PM yet. I need to head back to the HSN forum, and check! They used to send alerts when we got PM's, but that stopped. Thanks for your input. I read that Loooong thread in HSN, and it was very enlightening. One of the guys in my riding club has a CT on his VTX1300, and loves it! I have been thinking a long time about it, but now that I have the opportunity, I am headed there. I have one more tire (M/C) for my Vision, and will be trying a C/T for that when I wear that one out. Probably will be the first Victory Vision darksider, then!!-----Metalguy Wink

Congrats on your decision and let's us know when you do the dirty!

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down