Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BFG gforce DOT road strip tires

4 posters

Go down

BFG gforce DOT road strip tires Empty BFG gforce DOT road strip tires

Post  voodoosurfer Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:02 pm

has anyone tried the BFG road/track tires? they have less tread but alot more rubber contact. didnt know if BFGs are too soft or not. seems like alot of the links on the site dont work, so cant find alot of info on here yet

voodoosurfer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

BFG gforce DOT road strip tires Empty Re: BFG gforce DOT road strip tires

Post  twin1300 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Sorry, we got hacked a while back and they destroyed a lot of our data and great insight just to try to hurt us.

......................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoosurfer Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:36 am

wow i can understand peoples intrest in hackin sites for some things but one about people who ride with car tires. thats plain stupid. not that i condone any hacking but thats rediculous. thanks for the reply
Shane

voodoosurfer

Back to top Go down

BFG gforce DOT road strip tires Empty BF Goodrich

Post  12volts Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

Well if the BF Goodrich G-Force street/track tires are anything like their BF Goodrich G-Force Sport street tire, which Im sure they are with only better traction you will have one hell of a sticky tire. I run the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 205/50/17 on my Meanstreak. Absolutely love it! I got 6000+ miles on it and it still looks great. I should get a least 20,000 miles out of this tire. You probably wont get as many miles out of the tire your looking at, but imo....if you plan on any type of drag racing you will love the traction! And it should still last considerably longer than any MC tire.
12volts
12volts

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoosurfer Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:54 pm

ya the main reason im looking at doing this is I like the tread pattern and can get a slightly wider looking tire. I have a 95 shadow vt1100C that I am wanting to replace the bobber style rear fender and am torn on goin with a ct or mct. the cost between the 2 are not to far apart however. I am concerened with sidewall flex as I will only have .5" on either side of tire and depending on whether I go with a round fender or flat trailer type fender will have the same on the top. I have made it a rigid so shock bounce isnt an issue. the main issue I have with mct's is they weather check so bad from season to season without seeing very much bad weather. my car tires dont do this. is it cause mc tires are a harder rubber? ok well any advice will be appreciated. here is a pic of my rideBFG gforce DOT road strip tires 95

voodoosurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:36 am

voodoosurfer wrote: here is a pic of my rideBFG gforce DOT road strip tires 95

Man, great lookin' ride but I think that you skimped a little on the seat, just sayin'
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoosurfer Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:23 am

LOL ya ive heard that alot haha. gues im just young, dumb and full of dumbass haha. believe it or not it really isnt to rough of a ride even with it being a rigid, you just have to watch the road VERY carefully. went to sparks america last year and once i crossed over to oklahoma from kansas doin 85 mph there was about quarter mile i couldnt see cause of the vibration and bouncing around from the potholes.

voodoosurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  12volts Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:20 pm

voodoosurfer wrote:ya the main reason im looking at doing this is I like the tread pattern and can get a slightly wider looking tire. I have a 95 shadow vt1100C that I am wanting to replace the bobber style rear fender and am torn on goin with a ct or mct. the cost between the 2 are not to far apart however. I am concerened with sidewall flex as I will only have .5" on either side of tire and depending on whether I go with a round fender or flat trailer type fender will have the same on the top. I have made it a rigid so shock bounce isnt an issue. the main issue I have with mct's is they weather check so bad from season to season without seeing very much bad weather. my car tires dont do this. is it cause mc tires are a harder rubber? ok well any advice will be appreciated. here is a pic of my rideBFG gforce DOT road strip tires 95

Dont worry about any sidewall flex on the tire. The flex will only occur at the point where the tire contacts the pavement. With air pressure adjustments, you should be able to obtain a smoother ride on that rigid of yours with a CT. So as long as the tire can rotate within the fender and swing arm with out rubbing....you are good to go!

As far as I know, Im only the 2nd person to Darkside a Meanstreak, 2wheeladdict was the 1st. We both had to modify our swing-arms to fit CT's on our bikes. Below is a close up of the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 205/50/17 that Im running. I will never run a MCT on the rear of my Meanstreak again! Hope this helps you in anyway. Good luck and hope to see you on the Darkside!

BFG gforce DOT road strip tires SANY0316
BFG gforce DOT road strip tires SANY0317
12volts
12volts

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoosurfer Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 am

thats alot of great information, hey so I think im gonna try and fit a 205/50/15 on mine shouldnt have to modify anything but change my fender. my worry tho is that my rim is only 4.5" wide as best as i can tell and the specs for the tire call for a min of 5.5. now I have mounted car tires on thinner than recommended rims before and they run just fine. but seeing how these are motorcycle rims should there be any issues with the beads?

voodoosurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  12volts Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 am

The tire I mounted also called for a min 5.5" rim width. However, the rear rim width on my Meanstreak is 5". Alot of guys here have CTs mounted to rim widths that are 1" under the min. suggested rim width for the tire that they have mounted. There may even be some that have CTs mounted to rims that are more than 1" under. You should be alright with mounting your CT to your rim. Just use caution seating the tires beads to rim. My CT beads seated to the rim at a little over 35psi. There are those here that have had to use dangerously high pressures to get the CT beads to seat. Again, be very careful if it appears that you will need to try and seat the CT beads at pressures higher than the CTs max. pressure ratings. Oh and dont forget the lube!
12volts
12volts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down