Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit

3 posters

Go down

yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit Empty yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit

Post  molassesj Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm

heres the kicker, my rear end has been lowered 4'' and is now a hardtail (you think thats funny you should see my 24.5'' custom apes ('lol!') )....but i am leaning towards the altimax 195/65-15, the 205 size does interest me tho..

i found these
Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid
P195/65R-15 89H BW
for $89, the tread pattern looks wicked on 'em

just have not seen anyone trying them yet...

any words of advice would greatly be appreciated..

molassesj

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Back to top Go down

yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit Empty Re: yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:19 am

Man I don't know with it being lowered that far. The 1100 guys should be here to offer their input soon.
Federal law says handlebars can be no taller than your shoulders whikle in your riding position, have you been hasseled about them yet?
I'd like to see a picture.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit Empty Re: yes i'm a newb lookin for a c/t on my 99 spirit

Post  molassesj Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 am

i'm 6'4" on a good day, and have a tall torso, so they sit just at shoulder height..workin on gettin a pic for ya... i have noticed the 185/65-15 seem to be the closest to the stock tire so my speed will not be off if i use this tire (no more then it already is).. those bridgestones look sick tho!!, but then again theres the tried and true kumho that lasts forever....ooo what to do....

molassesj

Back to top Go down

Post  molassesj Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 am

Photobucket

molassesj

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:31 am

any 195/65r15 ought to work fine. Some are harder than others to get them to bead, but the height of the tire won't be any taller than the stock tire.

I don't think your lowered bike will matter.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  molassesj Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:50 am

I ordered a general altimax hp 195/65-15, it would have been here by now if ups hadn't sent the dang thing to tx..hopefully I'll get it on here n the next couple days & get sum pics posted

Thx ya'll

molassesj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down