Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ??

3 posters

Go down

Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ?? Empty Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ??

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:30 am

I've been on the darkside twice with VTX's and loved almost every minute. Now on a Wing, I'm wanting to do it again. BUT, I've yet to find anyone that has done it successfully on a 1500 Wing. The 1800 has been done alot. Anyone that is/has gotten there, let me know what tire worked. Thanks
Dino

Back to top Go down

Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ?? Empty Re: Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ??

Post  Badmoon Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:43 am

When did you get another wing? I thought you sold your last one and bought a VYXN? Dude I need your job. Very Happy
Im sure the wingers will be around soon to give you the answer you are lookin for.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 am

After 8,000 miles on the Neo, I had two different people do a valve adjustment on it. For Warranty's sake I had Honda do one. Both times the bike came back ticking. Both times I was told, "That's just the way it is with VTX bikes." Well, I got tired of the ticking fast and traded it for a 98 Aspencade. Then traded that a month later for my original silver SE. Since July 1st, I've put about 6,000 miles on it. The wing just fits my wife and me best.

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 pm

I have had guys with 1500's to 1000's trying to do it! We haven't heard of one successful yet! Good luck.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ?? Empty Darkside on GL 1500

Post  mikeyrx Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:37 am

I just put a Forenza 175/60-16 on my '98 GL 1500. Works fine. Tire mounted up nicely on the rim using irons ( and a big C clamp to hold the bead under the rim while I put the 2nd side on. Also using 2 oz dynabeads in rear tire. Tire and wheel went in easier than the Metzler 880 it replaced. Remember the back end of the bike will be lowered, and you wont be able to pull the bike up on the centerstand without parking the rear wheel on a piece of 2x12 or something similar. Also the side stand will keep the bike standing a bit straighter when you park it, so be careful where you park it. Otherwise, I dont see any disadvantages. Doubt that I'll go back to a mc tire on the rear. Much quieter, smoother, and handles just as well.
Mikeyrx

mikeyrx

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Darkside for a Goldwing 1500 ?? Empty Gl 1500

Post  mikeyrx Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 am

An addendum; the guy I bought the tire from took it off primarily because he was pulling a camping trailer and he said it lowered the hitch height too much. If you are pulling a trailer with the 1500 you might consider that. I think the trailer will tend to steer the bike somewhat if the hitch height is too low. ( I seem to recall reading this: I personally have not had any experience with it yet, BUT I will be extending my hitch next spring to bring the height up to level before I hook the Bushtec to it.)
Mikeyrx

mikeyrx

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down