Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are you riding over labor day?

5 posters

Go down

Where are you riding over labor day? Empty Where are you riding over labor day?

Post  Steve-O Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Headed out on a 1k trip. Going through Tulsa, Pittsburg Kansas, Independence Ks, then down to Oklahoma City before heading back to Dallas. Seeing lot's of family and friends. Looks like I might get wet, but so be it. cages need to watch out for my rooster tail....wish I could get a pic of that.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Where are you riding over labor day? Empty Re: Where are you riding over labor day?

Post  smokey2255 Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 pm

I will put about 400 miles on mine riding back and forth to work with a side run or 2 in for football practice. Gonna miss Dude's game this weekend dammit. They are playing a saturday night game this weekend.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Where are you riding over labor day? Empty Re: Where are you riding over labor day?

Post  Otis56 Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:48 pm

no biggy rides like yours steve, gotta work today till 7pm (of course I rode the bike), gotta work saturday 8-1pm, been trying to get my brother up to this side of the state and ride, doubt it will happen

btw, 8thousand miles on the federal now, still looks very new cheers , I may never get a chance to go wider.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Nothing here either , maybe i should get a hold of the Florida VTXOA guys they have something going on every week end.
VTXRON are you there??????????????????????? geek
I would have liked to go to Muntz's this week end , his truck engine is acting up and needs a timing belt.
But it is something like 800 miles one way, sorry Muntz I can't make it.

Last edited by horseman8m on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  85V-TWIN Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

just the usual two lane country rides for me.i have several different routes that are really pretty and hardly any traffic.and i have 4000 miles on my kumho and still looks new ! cheers
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:13 pm

Ended up riding around 1,200 miles. 3 states and many relatives later....
Still have the old douglas on and it doesn't look any more worn than when I left.
Got to ride in some rain....the kind you can't decide if it's more dangerous to pull over or keep going.
Going to have to get a new helmet. My visor blows up in a stiff wind.
Going to have to get a softer seat. The old stock seat just get's too hard after 200 miles.
Tour tank works great! Sure saves on the number of fill ups!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down