Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air pressure

4 posters

Go down

Air pressure Empty Air pressure

Post  carolinadrifter Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Gonna go darkside with my 1800R with the 205/65 16 Hydro-Edge. I'd even go 215 if I knew it would fit without rubbing. Do you use the factory recommed pressure on the tire or what pressure do you run?

Thanks
carolinadrifter
carolinadrifter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Air pressure Empty re tire pressure

Post  Larry Simpson Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 pm

I run 32,some run over 40,everyone has to find their comfort zone.Just play with it a couple lbs. at a time until you get it zeroed in you will know it when you find it. Very Happy Very Happy
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Air pressure Empty Re: Air pressure

Post  spud1800r Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:54 pm

yea, what Larry said! I started at 40, ran it for 5k miles, dropped it to 38, ran the rest of the season on that. Couple of months ago, I dropped it to 35, and WOW cheers what a difference, like a whole different tire. Even better than before! It's a PIA to tweek the pressure, but worth it when you find the right number.
Craig
spud1800r
spud1800r

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsmobility Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:52 pm

Based on the videos I've seen, you get alot bigger contact patch running lower pressure. I'd been running 32 psi in my rear m/c tire, so I just kept running the same pressure in my c/t and am very happy with it. The lower air pressure also translates into a smoother ride, which is always a plus.

I know when it comes to cars, you're supposed to run the pressure recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, so I don't see why that rule wouldn't apply for motorcycles as well.
Oldsmobility
Oldsmobility

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down