Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloves

+2
dromega
Badmoon
6 posters

Go down

Gloves Empty Gloves

Post  Badmoon Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:45 pm

A strange thing happened to me. I stopped at a local supply store looking for a new pair of gloves. Now I am pretty picky when it comes to gloves. I like them to fit right. I like a cotton or Poly liner to help with moisture. I like the fingerless ones more. Anyway you get the jest of it.

I met up with this manufacturer of gloves who just happened to be there, He was doing some research and asked me what I wanted. Well after about 45 minutes with him, he tells me that he will build a set for me and all he wants from me is a review.

Here is a few of the specks That I asked for.
Elastic in the wrist section. No Velcro flap.
Fingerless with a small strap between fingers 1 and 2, 3 and 4. So you can take them off without turning them inside out.
Lined with a 80/20 cotton Polyester inner to help wick away moisture and keep the dye from the leather from staining my hands. We even discussed a gortex liner.
Extra Gell padding in the palms for vibration.
Vented back side that could be opened or closed for added ventilation.

This guy told me that he would make two pairs standard and fingerless.
We will see what happens from here.

Cool huh?

Anyway, If you were to design a glove for the masses. What would you do?
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Gloves Empty Re: Gloves

Post  dromega Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Very Kewl!
I'd like gortex lined
open mesh construction
gel palmed
gel in 1st 2 finger joints
wide cuffs to go over jacket in winter
velcro-able wrist support to keep carpal tunnel at bay
and a water/winter proof over glove

dromega

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:19 pm

I did not tell yall before but the manufacturer of these would be Revco. They make hight quality welding gear now. They are wanting to build a line of riding gloves that are the prefered brand. I will take your suggestions and keep them ready for him when and if I am contacted. I have to say that buy the way the conversation went I feel that I will be.

We will see.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Badmoon wrote:A strange thing happened to me. I stopped at a local supply store looking for a new pair of gloves. Now I am pretty picky when it comes to gloves. I like them to fit right. I like a cotton or Poly liner to help with moisture. I like the fingerless ones more. Anyway you get the jest of it.

I met up with this manufacturer of gloves who just happened to be there, He was doing some research and asked me what I wanted. Well after about 45 minutes with him, he tells me that he will build a set for me and all he wants from me is a review.

Here is a few of the specks That I asked for.
Elastic in the wrist section. No Velcro flap.
Fingerless with a small strap between fingers 1 and 2, 3 and 4. So you can take them off without turning them inside out.
Lined with a 80/20 cotton Polyester inner to help wick away moisture and keep the dye from the leather from staining my hands. We even discussed a gortex liner.
Extra Gell padding in the palms for vibration.
Vented back side that could be opened or closed for added ventilation.

This guy told me that he would make two pairs standard and fingerless.
We will see what happens from here.

Cool huh?

Anyway, If you were to design a glove for the masses. What would you do?

I would call you....
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Rogers Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:52 am

+1 on waterproof gauntlets. (Preferably lined)
Make a version that is wrist length and then a gauntlet version
I would also like some kind of armored knuckle, kevlar palm made of only 1 piece, covering the palm and bottom of fingers. No seams/stitching on the palm.
Kevlar gloves are great and won't wear through, but if you go down on your hands in a skid kevlar thread will cut through your hand like butter if the glove gets hung up. This is why you would want no seams on the palm.
Maybe even a version with a squeegee on the finger tip. (although not a deal breaker)
Doc Rogers
Doc Rogers

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:27 am

Well, do they make a pair of gloves to your specifications right now? Sounds like a good pair of gloves. I just wear deerskin, but may have to try a pair of fancy smancy riding gloves....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Rogers Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Not that I have found. I have seen some really nice deerskin gauntlets. But all of the Kevlar gloves have stitches in the palms and tops of the fingers. If you end up in a slide and a pad comes loose the kevlar thread will cut into your hands when the stitches snag on something.
That is why I chimed in. If they could make something like this I would snap up a pair quick. I would even pay over $100 for something like this.
Doc Rogers
Doc Rogers

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  wren Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:07 pm

I've tried different gloves over the decades and seem to have settled to one type of fingerless for summer and one type of gauntlet for cooler.

Over the last ten years I've picked up two pair of each, both from some Araby type dude that used to show up at the vendor's area of the former Honda Homecoming.

I think they're made of Pakastani yak-hide or sumthin. Gotta say that they are comfortable and they do hold up well. Seams are in the right places and ever'thing.I ride in all kindsa weather so they've been thru it all and it was just last summer that I bought the second pairs.

When I get 'em I dunk 'em in the pool whilst wearin' them, get 'em soaked thru and then go ride till I dry 'em out. Do this for a few times over a weeklong period and wind up with a perfect fit.

Makes me wonder what Revco can do with yak-hide.

Wren

wren

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down