Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rubbing the tire

2 posters

Go down

rubbing the tire Empty rubbing the tire

Post  Klink700 Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:12 pm

OK, I had the Goodyear assurance tt tire mounted today(225/60/16) and I gotta say it's a little rougher turning. I have a VN2000 and it wants to stay straight untill you really counter steer and muscle it into a turn. I had the shop put 40 psi into the tire like I read on the forum. But it seems to be barely rubbing on the splash guard on the front of the rear tire well between the frame and wheel. Also it is really close to the belt guard, I might just put a washer between the frame and guard to bring it out a bit. Should I just take the splash guard off or wait untill it rubs away enough to not rub anymore? Thanks guys.
Klink700

Klink700

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-08-02

Back to top Go down

rubbing the tire Empty Re: rubbing the tire

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm

that's a lil wider than most on here are running, but shouldn't be too bad. The wider the tire the more effort will be required to turn, you'll get used to it shortly... I actually prefer the added feel from the CT myself, you can wear the guard down or trim it a little, that'll be up to you, If it were me I'd just trim a little off it and not worry about it anymore. The guard, if it's not touching, the tire will actually get a little farther from it the faster you go, so if it's not touching, IMO, no reason to mess with it!

Now get some pictures of that bad boy on there! Very Happy rubbing the tire Pics-stfu
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down