Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so im new too the whole riding thing

5 posters

Go down

so im new too the whole riding thing Empty so im new too the whole riding thing

Post  Dude Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:03 am

so im 13 almost 14 and my dad smokey rides a 04 vtx 1300 and he just bought me a 99 shadow and i was wondering wht kind of car tires you guys are running on your shadows??

see you out there

Dude
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

so im new too the whole riding thing Empty Re: so im new too the whole riding thing

Post  simpleman77 Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:57 am

Dude wrote:so im 13 almost 14 and my dad smokey rides a 04 vtx 1300 and he just bought me a 99 shadow and i was wondering wht kind of car tires you guys are running on your shadows??

see you out there

Dude

Dude, Great to hear that you're starting riding out early in life. I ride a 2001 Shadow VLX with a Federal 165/80/15 tire on the rear. The VLX is a great bike and you'll enjoy it very much. Starting out at your age, you'll be an expert rider by the time that you get your license. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have as you learn your new bike.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

so im new too the whole riding thing Empty Re: so im new too the whole riding thing

Post  Badmoon Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:37 am

Dude,
Dude. I always wanted to say that. ha ha ha. I have heard some stories about ya from Twin. I heard that you had a bike now and was getting your knees in the breeze. Glad to have ya. I wish I was riding when I was your age. Prolly would not be around today though. I was kinda reckless when I was young. Glad my folks had seen that too. I cant help you answer your question but I am sure someone will pop in and tell ya. I just wanted to tell ya "hay". and "welcome"

Peace Little Bro.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Dude: the Federal or Kumho 165/80r15 would probably be your best choices to start off with. Once you have ridden for awhile, gotten a few miles under your belt, you may want to take a look at some other tires that are wider or have a cooler tread pattern. But stay with a tried and true tire for now...imho

See you down the road,
Steve
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Dude, Welcome to the site.You have a good dad there (but dont tell him I said so). Hope you listen to all his advice. But you could tell him to let your mom post once in a while. I miss her sense of humor. Enjoy you ride.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down