Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side

5 posters

Go down

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side Empty My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side

Post  mjgilbo Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:27 pm

Everyone said its a good thing, but no one said its a great thing! Its a great thing!!!!! ive got about 200 mls on the rear tire, potenza 195/55/16 CT, and a new ft tire as well,Metzeler 880/WW 130/90/16, I tried to go tubless and just could not get the rim to seal. Installed a oem tube, held air no problem, i didnt think it would fit due to the lack of room but dont let it decieve anyone..once its on the rim and installed i had 1/4 inch easy between the d-shaft tube and the tire.(Yall check the site that Discount tire has,there is a tire calculater that will tell every aspect of a tire, and will compair it to any other tire you compair it to). I went 30lbs air in the ft and 38 in the rear..I also put 30 lbs air in the shocks and set them on #2. I wasent uneasy other than the new tire jitters, so i just went for a "good ride". With all the confidence in the world, i was through the twisties and I will admit, I wont go back to a M/t anytime soon. I loved it alot. The only other big step as i am an all season rider is to venture the rain,,,oh well. I just want to thank everyone for answering all my silly questions and try to answer all those who ask me the same questions. I also took the time to paint my scoot and clean everything(did you know spokes suck to clean,48 per rim), went with a Chevy Belair green and redid the frame in black. To cool. I dont know how to list pictures yet but soon ill post them,, im just as proud of mine as i hope yall are of yours,,Enjoy the good days and stay safe,,,,MJGilbo

Last edited by mjgilbo on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : maby to correct a possible missunderstanding)
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side Empty Re: My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side

Post  jedishon Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Good news. I say it rides good and then let people correct me when they say its great, so let me stand corrected.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side Empty its a great thing

Post  mjgilbo Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 pm

the drifters progress ,i put pics on face book,under michael gilbert to see the tire and scoot,
mjgilbo
mjgilbo

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  MAS Tequila Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Once you ride in the rain you'll see just how much better it is. I've tried to get the rear loose in the rain, and it takes a lot more than with the mt.

Good luck and enjoy.

MT
MAS Tequila
MAS Tequila

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Congrats sir! You will continue to be impressed even after years of riding the darkside. Well we can't say how great is because people think we are lying........ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing They already hate us on other sites and we just give an opinion and we get banned, slammed, cussed, and threatened, so we try to just say that it's just as good, but really the darkside is the best thing to happen to a cruiser!

...................bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 am

Welcome and congrats.
To post a pic. As you are posting a reply or a new thread the write a message screen has a banner line between the subject line and message box. About the middle of the banner are a box with a single monitor and another with a double monitor in them. Use these to post pics depending if you wanna host or add a link.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side Empty gilbo's bike

Post  mjgilbo Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 pm

My drifter Is Now on the Dark Side P1010024