Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ...........

2 posters

Go down

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... Empty Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ...........

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:50 am

I was looking for a (1inch) handlebar mount that I could use on a lot of things , like a camera , adding a switchbox, a gps, a tachometer
or just about anything you could think of that you would want on your bars. well there was not a single mount that is made to do all that , mater of fact each item had its own mount you could by for $40.00 to $60.00 , ouch .
ON with the hunt , you see i am an avid hunter and was a gunsmith, so why not use 1" scope rings around the handlebars and the bases as the mount bracket to whatever you want to mount. they are good looking , cheap $6.00 for two rings and $5.00 for two bases and if you look on ebay you might find them cheaper, and best of all they are universal, you can mount anything on your bars and it looks good.

I like the weaver mounts (cheap and very strong)

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... P2260056

Drill 1/4" hole in the base

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... P2260060

(NOTE: i like to use stainless steel bolts these are license plate bolts from wal=mart 4 for 1.87 w/ nuts)

Grind the head of a 1/4" bolt to make it flatter and two side to fit in the channel of the base. make sure that the top of the head of the bolt is below the top or the mount flats and doesn't block the notches of the base as this will keep the rings from seating . now a flat washer and nut and tighten .

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... P2260063

screw the bracket to the bottom of your cam (tach.. whatever) add washers to make it 90 degrees from the way you want it to face .

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... P2260066

your rings came with an allen wrench so take out the screws and mount the rings to the handlebars where you want it and tighten the ring to the bars then loosen the big slotted nut on the ring and place the base/bracket and tighten the slotted nut. now adjust the rings with the allen wrench to get the view you want or where you want it.

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... P2260072

In the picture below if you look close near the left clutch bracket you will see a mount painted with chrome paint and a switchbox for my aug. lights.

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... Mounts-both

ride safe
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ........... Empty Re: Mount for GPS, Camera , Tach, ...........

Post  Badmoon Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Cool Thanks
Got a couple applications I will use that for.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down