Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike?

2 posters

Go down

So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike? Empty So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike?

Post  papa Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:31 pm

I am sure most everyone has seen the guy on youtube that was tiptoeing around on his goldwing with a c/t. I am not a very aggressive rider, so for me to mount one under my bike would no really show how well the c/t performs under more extreme conditions. But I have heard the smokey was a pretty aggressive driver and if you were game, it could be a pretty awesome video. I think that the harder you go into a turn, the more rubber comes into contact with the road. Like wise the slower you go in a turn, the less comes into contact. What do you think smokey?

papa

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike? Empty Re: So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike?

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Papa
I would be game for mounting a camera .... If I had one I could mount. I would like to mount it back between my saddle bags to give a real view of the action. Actually I think to give a perspective of lean angles that it would best be shot from a bike behind me. I agree that there is more contact the harder you push it into a corner. I have been told that my tire flexes when I am romping through a turn. I can also feel it "roll" not flex when doing slow manuevers. I played with my tire pressures all the way down to 18 lbs to see if there was much diference. Not much difference at all, I am back up to 35 now just to have more air in the tire if I were to catch a nail or something. I could take it up into the 40's and hold out a lot of the flex but I prefer to have my tire flex for me. I like the extra contact and grip it offers. I had Wiggans 50cal behind me the other day and he thought I was running real low pressure. Was surprised when I told him 35. When I romp on the bike (most of the time ) the rear bites down hard. Wiggans got to see me dragging hard parts pilling into a parking lot and then into the lot.
I am going to move this to the general thread to share with everone

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike? Empty Re: So smokey, when are you going to mount a camera under your bike?

Post  papa Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 pm

OK. It would definitely be interesting to have some one do this. And not a slow poke like myself, although my age may have some thing to do with my more casual driving style now days Crying or Very sad Very Happy

papa

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 pm

papa wrote:OK. It would definitely be interesting to have some one do this. And not a slow poke like myself, although my age may have some thing to do with my more casual driving style now days Crying or Very sad Very Happy

Papa, thanks for not giving me anyhting to look forward to. Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing I am gonna have to slow down some .... don't like the secretary of state getting up in my business with this whole DL suspension thing.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:12 am

I have a camera coming. As soon as I get it, I will pm you for your address Cool

papa

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:37 am

Well my wife finally brought the camera home! It is a little more out dated then I remembered Shocked , sorta big, and it takes a tape. I may try and rig some thing up to mount on the back, but putting it under the bike is pretty much out of the question.

papa

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:42 am

I hear duct tape is a cure all .... no that's not my redneck experiences speaking there Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  papa Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:55 am

smokey2255 wrote:I hear duct tape is a cure all .... no that's not my redneck experiences speaking there Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
Yep, like the commercial used to say: If they would of had duct tape back then, the Sphinx would still have a nose Very Happy

papa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum