Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to board, not to my CT

2 posters

Go down

New to board, not to my CT Empty New to board, not to my CT

Post  Big IV Tue May 05, 2009 9:28 pm

I've been riding a 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (GL1500CT) for a while. It is mostly a stocker overall. One of the exceptions to my stock Tourer is my car tire. I'm on my second Cooper car tire. A shop near the house mounts them for me and sells them to me for a reasonable price and no hassle. The HD biker that mounts the bike tires always nods when he sees me putting a car tire on my Valk rim.

I've only recently found this place on the internet, but I'm not new on the Darkside.

I'm on my second Cooper. The first had over 10,000 miles and honestly looked fairly new. I just changed it for my own piece of mind. I may push this one a little further.

I honestly don't know why cart tires work, but they do.

Before my Valk, and my foray into the Darkside, I had a CB750 and XS1100. Both had wider tires pinched onto the rim. I had a habit of running wider tires than spec on the bikes and collapsing the side walls in. It created a mushroom effect. Wore out the middle of the tire. The bike shop I was buying rubber at at the time kept telling me (from their race experience) that I was slowing down my cornering. Maybe. I never felt it on the road. Perhaps if I'd went to a track day on those vintage bikes I would have felt it. On the road it wore the tires funny but worked fine.

I suppose I was destined to come to the Darkside eventually. Looking back it was in my past from way back.
Big IV
Big IV

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php, www.trainboard.com,

Back to top Go down

New to board, not to my CT Empty Re: New to board, not to my CT

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 am

welcome! Glad to have you and your experience here to add to the group! cheers bounce
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down